Skywriter 2014 Build Class

Started by sihinch, March 06, 2014, 08:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

Jack, Frank,
Thanks for the Skywriter Build classes...I have enjoyed learning more about building model airplanes from you and others in the class...
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

battlestu

great time last night... thanks again Frank and Jack

Greg

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Papa

Believe me Frank and I get much more out of these classes than we put into them. The look in your faces, when you get something you did not know before, is all worth it.

Home work to be completed by late September 2014:

• Complete Lower Wing.
  • Complete Upper Wing.
If you have any problems and feel you need a meeting let me know.

What is the status of your Lower Wings? Post some photos and information on the forum so I can be assured we are making progress.

Issues:

• The fuselage sides in the kit needs to be extended. I'm working on a drawing the will provide you with a work around.
  • Some have indicated warp problems with the lite ply formers. Let me know how many have this problem and I will arrange a session where we will straighten them out for you. This will most likely be down town at Empire Auctions, space courtesy of Michael.
  • I will make a new former and make a photo essay of how I do it with minimal tools for those who may wish to cut new ones.
Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

I'm warped and need help getting straightened out. Would attend group help session.

For my formers, that is.

Papa

Woodworking and Psychiatry all at the same time!

Are we good or what?

Jack.
A motto to live by:

piker

I can't believe we have to take a break while we're on a roll!  The classes are very informative and a lot of fun.

The work completed by the students (and teachers) so far is looking really great, and I know we'll all end up with very cool models when finished.  Man!  I'd hate to be one of the TEMAC members who is missing out on this opportunity.

I think EVERYONE (including Kevin, Frank, Imran/Imran, Jack, etc.) need to post their progress too.  Let's all try to stay at the same pace, so we can enjoy a test flight party when done!

Thanks, Jack and Frank, for doing this.

Wait!  Here's a thought.  I assume it would be O.K. for others to attend the classes even if they don't want to build this particular plane.  It's VERY useful information for any type of building, modifying, or repairing.  Maybe an invite (Tickler?) to the general TEMAC population could be extended when it's time to start the classes again.

Papa

Good ideas Robert. Whenever I have talked at Pilots's Meetings about the class I have made it clear that all are welcome. Ken Coleman took in some last year. I will mention it again.

jack.
A motto to live by:

Papa

To make my formers from Lite Ply I use my band saw, Skill saw and drill press.
From this you can see how easy and quick it is to open up the former.
The pictures should be self explanatory.
My band saw should be back in running order tomorrow afternoon.

Jack.

A motto to live by:

sihinch

Sadly I only have a razor saw and emery board!

Michael

Wimps!

I build all my models with an old butterknife for cutting, I use the sidewalk for sanding, and I use a mixture of spit and flour for glue!

:P
Michael

sihinch

Too funny!

Here's my ply-straightening set-up.

Papa

A motto to live by:

sihinch

Not sure yet! I was planning to leave it until after I come back from UK!

After all, I've got 2 wings to finish first! :-)

imran13

Hey guys,

There's a class today right?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.