Canada D'Eh! Join me on July 1,11 am. with a Spitfire or a Mustang

Started by Frank v B, June 26, 2022, 04:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Are you also tired of this topic being empty for over a year due to Covid???

Come join me this Friday July 1, Canada Day 11 am. I will bring at least 2 Spitfires and 4 Mustangs to fly.  I will also invite Mosquitos so Glenn will attend. :D
Bring any plane if you don't have either of these*.

The weather forecast shows 40% POP and no snow.  That is good enough for me.

Frank

* there are only two kinds of modellers- those who fly Spits and Mustangs and those who would love to.  8)
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

Thanks to Frank for bringing up the idea of getting together at Rogo on Canada Day. The Board would like everyone to know they are welcome and lunch will be provided at no charge to members by the club. As per Frank, if you don't have a Spit or a Mustang, bring what you have. Hope to see you there.
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 26, 2022, 04:50:37 PM
Are you also tired of this topic being empty for over a year due to Covid???

Come join me this Friday July 1, Canada Day 11 am. I will bring at least 2 Spitfires and 4 Mustangs to fly.  I will also invite Mosquitos so Glenn will attend. :D
Bring any plane if you don't have either of these*.

The weather forecast shows 40% POP and no snow.  That is good enough for me.

Frank

* there are only two kinds of modellers- those who fly Spits and Mustangs and those who would love to.  8)

The most important equipment to bring will be umbrellas to keep the pizzas dry !!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Thank you Rob and the rest of the Board for the lunch offer.  Will gladly take you up on it.

re: the weather- Mr. Hoffer is now officially in charge of the weather.  Don't fail us now buddy. 8)

Frank

ps: Spit and/or Mustang not required.  If it flies.... bring it.  Most of all, bring your sense of humour.

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

kmandjik

I'll be there too and bringing a couple of planes.  :)
Karl

Frank v B

Glad that Mark and Karl are good to go.

Mark and I are meeting at Tim's Woodbine at 10 am before heading to the Rogo field in time for the 11 am start.  Come join us.
Flying is very difficult when caffeine levels are too low.  ;)

Frank

ps: I will be at Tim's and Rogo Field regardless of the actual weather.  As far as forecasts go, I don't listen to them.

octagon

Quote from: octagon on June 27, 2022, 09:39:08 AM
Thanks to Frank for bringing up the idea of getting together at Rogo on Canada Day. The Board would like everyone to know they are welcome and lunch will be provided at no charge to members by the club. As per Frank, if you don't have a Spit or a Mustang, bring what you have. Hope to see you there.

We are getting lots of pizza, but please bring what you would like to drink.
What could possibly go wrong?

Crash

Where is everybody? It's lonely up here! A bit of overcast over the whole sky!

Frank v B

It ended up being a nice day for flying.  Attending were Mike B., Andy, Mark, Michael, David, Rob, Peter, Glenn, BJ, Gord, Alex, Carlos, Gregor with Sophia...and the 3rd Simon (not Hinch or Chapman).

Rob Dickinson brought the pizzas at 12:30 and had to run home for a family function.

Andy took photos and Michael will post them in the next two days.

Frank

ps: it rained a little after we arrived and put the planes away.  Then Michael and David pulled up the driveway and brought the sunshine. :)

Michael

Although not a formally organized event, nor properly promoted, several members came by for a nice Canada-Day of fun-flying.

Social spacing seemed to be the norm, and people had a good time.

Not shown: Andy, who took the photos, and Simon K, who showed up later.

01 - Karl
02 - Peter
03 - Mike
04 - Frank
05 - Mark
06 - Carlos
07 - BJ
08 - David
09 - Michael
10 - Rob
11 - Gord and Mark
12 - Pizza
13 - Alex
14 - Glenn
15 - Greg and Sophia

Michael

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Andy Hoffer

One more "rogue" image that was hiding in my cell phone!

Great T-shirt and umbrella BJ!

Andy

Frank v B

One of the two photos missing from Friday's event.
Casper the Friendly Ghost's brother by the name of Andy Hoffer. ;)

Frank