Hello from Israel

Started by Michael, July 27, 2010, 09:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hi guys

It sounds like there's been some good flying at TEMAC (Nice Gee Bee).

I'll be back next weekend, and hope to fly on Monday (Civic holiday?).

I was in Jerusalem last week; now I'm in Tel Aviv. Our hotel is near a civic/military airport and I saw a C-130 flying overhead about 80 feet above us.

When I was in Jerusalem I traveled south and went to the Air Force Museum. I got lots of great photos of many vintage airplanes.

Coolest thing was standing on top of Massada (approx. 450 meters high in the Judean desert), and seeing 4 F-16's flying below us, over the Dead Sea, which is actually below sea level.  

See you guys next week; I probably won't be near a computer for a few days.

Michael
Michael

Papa

Good to hear from you, Did you hook up with the slope soarer group?

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Papa

Hey Michael if you read this before you leave Israel note that they are calling for 30Kmh winds on Monday. Sunday would be a better day with only 10Kmh winds. Just in case you can move some stuff around and arrange to be free Sunday.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Michael

I'll aim for Sunday afternoon, if I'm not too tired. I'll call you Sunday morning when I get home.

Yeah, I hooked up with the RC guy; he flies electric too! I'm having a great time. This is a really cool place to see a wide variety of airplanes.

Michael
Michael

Papa

So much for the long range forecast now they are calling for 15Kmh both days. Good to hear you are having a great time. I have been flying 4 & 5 nights a week since you left in wind gusts up to 35Kmh. Each evening three or four ten minute flights and on Sunday last I flew five times for over 50 minutes total. You can't wipe the grin off my face.

Looking forward to flying with you and the gang when you return.

Jack.
A motto to live by: