Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: piker on December 27, 2015, 02:46:45 PM
The plane looks wonderful!   But that registration seems a bit suspicious...

If you think that's bad you should see the pilot!! ;D

Andy Hoffer

Hurray!  Yahoo!! Yippeeee!!!!

It's snowing !!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Snowballs in Fantasy Land

Gregor77

I don't think you were expecting the strong wind and ice pellets all night. Time to get the shovel and snow blower ready.

Wingnutz

HOFR looks great, no matter what radio is used...BTW, why is the dental floss hanging out of its butt?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on December 29, 2015, 07:59:14 AM
HOFR looks great, no matter what radio is used...BTW, why is the dental floss hanging out of its butt?

Hey Bill:

I like to keep it handy for cleaning grass and weeds out from behind the prop spinner after those pesky runway excursions.    ;D

Snowballs (or maybe after last night's precip events I should say Slushballs)

Ededge2002

Andy come on over to Ottawa! 

We've got more that enough snow to fill your desires or what ever you want to fill with it for that matter!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on December 29, 2015, 10:23:21 PM
Andy come on over to Ottawa! 

We've got more that enough snow to fill your desires or what ever you want to fill with it for that matter!

You are really tempting me! You've got 19 cm of beautiful, wind-packed snow, with a nice slick glazing of freezing drizzle in the forecast to firm it up, and all we've got is a few cm of snow cone slush.  Please send photos of your winter flying expeditions so I can rally the troops out of their winter hibernation!   ;D

Andy

Wingnutz

Quote from: piker on December 27, 2015, 02:46:45 PM
The plane looks wonderful!   But that registration seems a bit suspicious...
More than plane registration is suspicious! (Just kidding...!) BTW Andy, here's something from your other flying field today...at first I thought it was a large version of your model, and then, a full size human pilot stepped out! Man, those things are tiny! You can see Andy on final coming to have a look in the first photo, and check the rudder in photo 2...it's a Pitts!

Andy Hoffer

Here's an inside view, shot over Courtice!  The Pitts is one sweet ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8VfGf-mOgA

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Gee!  I can't believe nobody was at the field today except Loi and I.  It was a balmy 6 degrees and virtually no wind for most of the time (2:00-4:00).... OK, so the sky was white, but the rain held off!!.... and yes,it was a bit misty...well, OK, foggy at times, but that was mostly north and south of the field.... I mean, you could see the runway... and you could see your plane if you kept it in reasonably close.... and vertical visibility was good above circuit height... well, yes, the fog did start to close in from both sides around 4:00 pm, but hey, that's a LOT better than had been forecast.  And the runway and grass on the field were snow free!! (All the snow was in the pits).... but skis still worked nicely on both the runway and the grass!!  I imagine floats would have been right at home on the soaking wet grass. 

So where was everybody? ::)

Snowballs

Wingnutz

Above are the photos I sent Andy of a full size Pitts at Buttonville this week. Below is one of the pictures Andy sent back of his model with the full size aircraft! Andy already knows the pilot and has posted some cool video from the full size! Our Andy gets around!

Andy Hoffer

CFI Field Inspection report - Sat Jan 30 - 10:00 a.m. - full-scale "FPV" view from 1000 ft AGL (above ground level) - photos courtesy of Mike Hazelton.

Runway almost snow-free.  Winds 200(SSW) at 14G20KT (25 kmh gusting 36 kmh).

Andy (Waiting for Snow) Hoffer

Skyking

Hi Andy,
Did you get a ride in the Pitts?
If you did, how much?
Always wanted a trip in one.

Ken
Actually, I can.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Skyking on January 30, 2016, 01:58:11 PM
Hi Andy,
Did you get a ride in the Pitts?
If you did, how much?
Always wanted a trip in one.

Ken

Hi Ken:

Yes, I have flown with Desmond Lightbody in the Pitts a few times.  I believe his current rate is $320 per hr, all in, including a Video of your flight.  It's wonderful plane and his rate is quite reasonable considering what you get.  (Compare a C172 + instructor at Buttonville for about $280/hr plus GST.)  Des will go as wild or as mild as you like.  He flies out of Oshawa Airport, and does the aerobatics over the compost heap at Courtice, just northwest of the Darlington Nuclear station.

Let me know if you need contact info.

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Okay Ice Pilots!  This is it!

-13C (wind chill a balmy -19C) , winds light from the south at 9 kmh all afternoon, and we've got enough nice fluffy snow for skis!

You gotta be there!  I'm aiming for 2 pm to get the warmest part of the day.  Hope to see you there.  8)

Snoballs