Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - June 1

Started by piker, May 28, 2013, 10:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey there float flyers!

I'm planning to go float flying on Saturday (June 1) evening at Frenchman's Bay.  The weather looks promising, but we'll have to see as we get closer.

I'll be there for 5:00pm with the boat ready.  I hope a lot of you will come out for a great evening at the beach.  Last time, the weather was excellent and we had a great time.

Here's a map to the exact spot (marker B):

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Whites+Rd/Regional+Rd+38&daddr=Beachpoint+Promenade&hl=en&ll=43.813318,-79.103065&spn=0.02177,0.041156&sll=43.812334,-79.093167&sspn=0.002721,0.005144&geocode=FfOWnAIdhs5I-w%3BFaaFnAIdJCZJ-w&t=m&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=18&z=15

Let me know if you can make it, or if you have any questions.

Robert

Gregor77

I should be in for the event...  I found a GP Catalina under the kitty litter box.

Skyking

If the weather co-operates I should be there.
Unfortunantly MY cat isn't intrested in building models.
He does however like to paint landscapes.

Ken

Actually, I can.

Wingnutz

Quote from: Skyking on May 28, 2013, 04:27:54 PM
If the weather co-operates I should be there.
Unfortunantly MY cat isn't intrested in building models.
He does however like to paint landscapes.

Ken
Is he really artistic or just an amateur?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Skyking

Bill,
What makes you think he may be autistic?
Actually, I can.

Papa

Because only autocrats have autocats.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Bigstik

Hi Rob,

Is this an 'open' event. I have a couple of amphibs I'd love to get off the water. Icon A5 and Tidewater.

Bigstik
Bigstik

piker

OpenISH... and certainly open to you my friend!

BTW, what the hell are those other guys talking about????   :)

Keep an eye here as we get closer to the day.  I'll post here is there's a last minute weather cancelation (probably Saturday morning before 9:00 at the latest).

sihinch

If it makes any difference to Rob (or anyone else for that matter) I'm going to try to come, with the RAF Catalina and racing Formosa.

Gregor77

I should be there, but might have to grab a foam plane as I am chicken to try to wood ones for now...

I have to put something together in the AM for sure.. running out of time!

piker

Of course it makes a difference to me!  I'm glad you can make it out on a Saturday evening.  Don't get divorced!   ;D

I'll drag the Sandringham out along with the Beaver for it's first flight on floats.  I plan to fly until dark to check out the Beaver lights over the calm (I hope) water.

I'll also be bringing my video camera to capture some of the action.

Wingnutz

Quote from: Skyking on May 29, 2013, 04:10:02 PM
Bill,
What makes you think he may be autistic?
I think lots of off the wall stuff...after all, I'm unbalanced...you told me so in the unbalanced lipo thread!
More to the point, weather permitting I'll try to join the Sat pm fun.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

The weather forecast for Saturday evening is not ideal, but I'm still willing to head to the beach and take my chances.  I'm an optimist so I expect the rain to hold off, or finish by the evening, and the winds to settle down nicely for a beautiful evening of float flying.  If you're unsure about whether you should head out to the beach or not, you can call me at 416-828-8722 to see what the conditions are like.  Or, you can just show up and, worst case, we can head to Tim's for a coffee  :)

I hope to see you there!

Robert

sihinch

I'm still planning on coming! And it's an "Approved absence"  ;D

Gregor77

Great!  I am bringing the bus incase it rains, we can hang out!   :-*