Hobbyking - Six months of failure to deliver $231 order or deliver refund

Started by bweaver, January 26, 2014, 10:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangaras

You have 45 days to submit a Paypal issue after that it gets more difficult. They are claiming that an order of mine which was mutually cancelled on Jan 14th was to be refunded in 7 days. Feb 04 and no refund yet. The Hobbyking idjiots told me they requested the refund but cant provide a transaction ID.

Then they said I should open a case with Paypal to get my funds back!!! These guys sometimes really step all over their own tally-whackers!

Next step is to go through the credit card company.

Good luck

frajolex

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on February 02, 2014, 09:48:36 PM
Hi Bruce:

I agree pursuing this via credit card company adds to losses by the credit card company which get passed on to customers.  However, that, and other things like credit card fraud, etc, are all part of life with these cards and the associated costs.  It's an unfortunate cost of doing business, but it's your turn to benefit.

I agree HK should be held accountable, but they have demonstrated that they could care less about you as a customer.  If the credit card route is your only course of action at this time, I would strongly recommend you pursue it.  I'm sure no one would deny you the $231 refund which is due to you, even if they incur credit card fee increases.  I also agree strongly that one should never cancel a Paypal dispute as encouraged by HobbyKing (another example of their unprofessional conduct, for their benefit at the  expense of you, the customer). 

Finally, I would pass this on to PayPal for their information.  They should be aware of complaints against their clients (though they may not care, given the volume of traffic generated for them by HK).

Good luck in bringing this to a just resolution.

Andy

Folks, honestly, the credit card company will get their money back... trust me... these guys never, ever loose money.... you should go and talk to the CC company.
Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

bweaver

;D
Hobbyking has made a full refund to my paypal account.  Only took 5 months to get the matter resolved.

Thank you for those who gave me some advice.  I will be using my credit card for future purchases with Hobbyking and should a similar problem arise I will take the advice offered.

Bruce ;D

sihinch