Advice please!

Started by Wingnutz, May 20, 2014, 07:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Lost radio contact with my twin EDF powered Cessna Citation model Sunday evening at ROGO. Crash ensued but damage was light enough the model will fly again.
Did the mud walk to retrieve it and left the tx on as I walked out. No light from the Rx. Carried it all back to the table, unplugged the battery, turned off the tx and re-powered everything...it all worked!
Any advice about how to avoid a repeat appreciated.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

thehaze

Weird..

Were you using a BEC? First guess is that the voltage to your receiver dropped and browned it out. 
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Gregor77

I find that sometimes the ESC internal bec fails especially if things get warm... 

I recently started to spend more time seeing what the requirements of the Servos, RX, etc need to function.

So do a quick summary and see what the servo load would be and the RX, see what the min would be...

Bobmic

Hi Bill,
Sorry to hear about your plane - if this is the same plane you had issues with a week ago I would replace the ESC's and probably add a small BEC just to be sure. Last week it sounded like your motors cut off (I thought you still had control then).

Bobby

Ededge2002

As there are two ESC's has one had its throttle control plug modified to drop the red wire? 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?