F3K/ DLG

Started by leorpenn, May 26, 2014, 05:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leorpenn

Hi all, Just moved to Canada and joined the club and heard there is a DLG Master among us.
I'm taking my first steps in DLG and was wondering where and when do people fly here.

Would appreciate the advice.

Leor

sihinch

Hi Leor

Welcome to our forum. It's @pmackenzie that can probably help you with DLG.

Cheers
Simon

pmackenzie

Hi Leor,

We had a DLG contest on Saturday  ;D
We don't have a lot of local flyers, but had 8 for the contest which is pretty good.

We usually fly up at the COGG field, about 40 minutes north on the 400 near Beeton.
If you have MAAC you are welcome to come up. We try to get out every weekend for at least one day, weather permitting.

Next weekend we will be flying control line in Centennial park at the T&D contest, so no DLG flying.

Weekend after there are a couple of contests up at COGG, but not DLG.
We do usually fly DLG at lunch and after the contest is done for the day. (DLG flying is addictive - you do it whenever possible)

June 24/25 there is another DLG contest up at COGG, our team trials for next year's World champs.
If you want to see what a contest is like that is a good time to come up.

You can send me an email through this site if you want any further info.

Pat MacKenzie

bfeist

I have a DLG myself that I don't really know how to fly properly. I'd love to come to SOGG one day to learn the ropes.

Bigstik

Hi Ben.    You were going to change my username.

Bigstik
Bigstik

bfeist

Quote from: Bigstik on May 27, 2014, 02:01:07 PM
Hi Ben.    You were going to change my username.

Bigstik

Done

pmackenzie

Quote from: bfeist on May 27, 2014, 11:54:38 AM
I have a DLG myself that I don't really know how to fly properly. I'd love to come to SOGG one day to learn the ropes.

Send me an email, and I can keep you posted on when we are heading out there.
What have you got? What radio are you using?

Pat

bfeist

I've got the original Blaster that I bought used off Ed. I'm using my 9C for the radio, and copied the rather advanced programming that Ed setup from his 9C to mine--so I really don't know what I have. I know the trainer switch is held up for launch, then let go at altitude. Then it comes down awfully quickly.

leorpenn

Hi Pat, thanks for the quick reply.
I'm flying an Akcent 2 with with a HiTec Aurora radio.

my email is [email protected] and would love to come out and get some tipe from the pro's.
I was looking on the COGG site but could not find where you guys fly?

Happy flying.

pmackenzie

Quote from: leorpenn on May 28, 2014, 01:32:11 PM
Hi Pat, thanks for the quick reply.
I'm flying an Akcent 2 with with a HiTec Aurora radio.

my email is [email protected] and would love to come out and get some tipe from the pro's.
I was looking on the COGG site but could not find where you guys fly?

Happy flying.

They don't like to post the exact location on the web site - they had guys follow the directions and  fly "wet" stuff there.

I will send you an email with a link to the exact location.

Pat

pmackenzie

Quote from: bfeist on May 27, 2014, 10:54:10 PM
I've got the original Blaster that I bought used off Ed. I'm using my 9C for the radio, and copied the rather advanced programming that Ed setup from his 9C to mine--so I really don't know what I have. I know the trainer switch is held up for launch, then let go at altitude. Then it comes down awfully quickly.

We will have to take a look at the programming.  :)
There should be at least three flight modes (Speed/cruise/thermal), plus a launch preset button that you only hold in for a moment when you throw it.
It gives a bit of up elevator to cause the model to roatae up to near vertical. Then you let go of the button and it should continue straight in Speed mode.
When it gets to the top you push down to level out and select cruise or thermal. Then you have to find good air or you will be down in a hurry.

If you have been flying in smaller fields till now then ground turbulence from surrounding trees and buildings and a low throw will not give you much time.

Pat