My Big Disappointment in 2014.

Started by Papa, November 29, 2014, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

I was really quiet disappointed in the turn out at the skills challenge for the Helicopter SAR challenge.

I had received a request to include a heli challenge but only two members took up the challenge even though I know we have more heli flyers. One of those was a micro and even though it did the job it was not what I had in mind. I was looking for something bigger.

So what was the matter? Why not a bigger response? Give me your thoughts even if you have never flown a heli.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

bfeist

sihinch

Papa

So What, that's no reason not to enter.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

sihinch

Ok, so if I'm honest, I can't fly a heli. I find the whole control of a helicopter very difficult, I can't get used to the fact that the throttle controls your altitude and that to travel forwards you need to nose down. It's very unnatural for me.

battlestu

Hi Jack is the challenge open to multi copters?..... If so I hope to be joining in next year  ;D
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Michael

Michael

Papa

If enough multi-copters register then I would do a separate challenge, sure why not?

So Michael does that mean you are entering next year?

Simon, everything is unnatural to you but that hasn't stopped you before.

A motto to live by:

Michael

I'll start practicing with the intent to join in next event!  :)
Michael

Frank v B

A helicopter??  What is that ?
I only do vertical stuff just before I stuff a plane into the ground.  Negative hovering. :D
A flying bucket of bolts is not on my radar.  I have enough trouble keeping half the number of parts contained in one place and flying in formation without harvesting soybeans.

Jack, I saw your SAR victim.  You made Andy the butt of your joke.  You said it was his best angle.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"