2014-70 TEMAC Tickler, Build Class and Christmas Pilot's Meetings.

Started by Papa, December 03, 2014, 02:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Maynard Hil have made a request....

One of the band is interested in our models. They've asked if there will be any models.....

Let's bring some good stuff for show n tell!

kclau

Hi Guys,

Firstly, I would like to that Jack and Frank for the wonderful class, and it was a very encouraging lesson!  I especially want to thank, Michael and Rob for helping me build the wings, that include the two "right-wings", as Michael commented! LOL! :D  ;D!

Ques:

Jack mentioned that an E-flight Power 25 motor will be a good choice for this build, but there seems to be two versions, a 870kv and 1250kv model?  So, for what I've read, the greater the kv, the greater the performance!  However, I'm just a novice flyer here...I thing the 870kv version should suffice, but again what do I know? ???

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

The 1250kV motor is generally considered a high performance/racing motor Kevin.

Typically a lower kV motor can deliver just as much power as a high kV one but it does so in a different way.

A low kV motor will swing a larger diameter prop. And a larger diameter equals more thrust, which is better for overcoming drag and pulling heavier models. So for a biplane the low kV is better.

Hopefully I got that about right......

kclau

sihinch

Don't forget to bring your old books and magazines for our Holiday Book Swap.....

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

Your Treasurer will be more than happy to receive your 2015 dues and provide your 2015 membership cards at the Christmas Party / Annual General Meeting.  ($80 for renewals / $110 for new memberships)

Money saved on postage will go to the Frank Van Beurden Home for Wayward Hobby Tools. ;D

Thanks!

Andy Hoffer