Found Plane

Started by Andy Hoffer, February 06, 2016, 03:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

Did you lose this plane?  Of course, you'll all recognize this as the remains of an E-Flite Apprentice. It was found by one of our TEMAC field neighbours who kindly returned it to us. We're trying to find the rightful  owner so we can return it to him or her for proper burial - after scavenging a few good parts, of course.

Condition report:

Rudder servo = toast (frozen solid).
Elevator servo = works fine.
Motor = works fine; runs smooth, no vibration.
ESC = 30-amp; works fine.
Battery = toast, dead flat, will not charge. Connectors are in good condition.
Receiver: works fine
Wing = not present; no sign of aileron servo connection to receiver
Nose wheel = disintegrated; looks a like a mouse gnawed the rubber right down to the hub, but no teeth marks on the hub.
Nose steering gear = functional
Prop = undamaged, 11x8.5
Horizontal stab, elevators, fin, rudder =  pretty beat up (see photo)
Cowling = cracked but serviceable (see photo)

So, it looks like it's been out there for a while, but HOW LONG?  WHEN AND WHERE (approximately) DID IT CRASH?  WHAT UNIQUE IDENTIFYING MARKS ARE THERE?  DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS EQUIPPED WITH?  DO YOU KNOW THE TYPE, MAKE and MODEL of the parts listed above (servos, motor, battery, ESC, receiver)?

IF YOU CAN AUTHENTICATE YOUR CLAIM, THIS PLANE IS YOURS. (I've ruled out Frank on this one.  Not enough damage. ;D)

If no one makes a legitimate claim, we will auction the useful pieces as a package at the next fun fly, and use the proceeds to get a nice gift for our neighbor as a thank you for his thoughtfulness and consideration.

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer, TEMAC

thehaze

See kids.. this is why you don't fly your trainer without an instructor. Unless your instructor is Greg H, then we just call the damage the "Wednesday night special"

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

octagon

I bet that is Andy's long lost plane. He had one fly away in 2014 I think.
What could possibly go wrong?

Ededge2002

The plane is mine.  I was doing a very long distance reconnaissance flight from Ottawa to see who was flying at TEMAC.

https://youtu.be/oPwrodxghrw

(hopefully the rightful owner is found. ;D)
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?