Frenchman's Bay Float Flying - Saturday, October 11 - 4:00pm

Started by piker, October 09, 2014, 04:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey Float Flyers!

Let's take one more kick at the can and see if we can get out for some float flying!

This Saturday, October 11th, 4:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.

Bring your seaplanes, a chair, and a warm jacket, and enjoy a beautiful evening of flying by the Bay.  This time I plan to stay until AFTER dark, so we can make the best of our lighting systems and the calm end to the day.  Grab whatever lighting you can find... even glow sticks, and let's have some fun with this.  I'll bring lighting for packing up after dark.  Also bring some bug spray... just in case   :)

I'll keep an eye on the weather and decide it it's still a go by Saturday morning.  Check back here on Saturday to make sure!

Here's a link to the two possible sites.  The one on the right is option #1, the area on the left is Option #2.  Look for my trailer when you arrive:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8126264,-79.0902357/43.8122597,-79.0922292/@43.8118745,-79.0909578,691m/data=!3m1!1e3

Wingnutz

Have a great time all!
Family Thanksgiving Dinner today so I can't join the fun but I'll be thinking about you. Looks like a great day...have fun!
Rob, thanks for organizing so many great opportunities for us all this season!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

No problem, Bill.  I hope you can make it out more often next year   :)   I want to see more of that Macchi MC72!

The weather looks pretty good for this afternoon, so I'll be heading to the Bay for a 4:00pm start in hopes of getting a good three hours of float flying in.  I hope some of you can join me for this last chance to float fly for the season!

See ya there!

piker

Sorry guys. No float flying tonight. It's really windy here at the Bay because of an offshore brease effect.  Ugh!

Oh well.  We'll do it again in the spring!

eric

Hi Rob;

When I got up north of Finch Ave, there was just enough wind to ruffle the leaves on the trees. By the time I got home, it was dead calm. Oh well, maybe we'll get an extended Indian summer and get out again.
Thanks for all your efforts to arrange these float flies; they're great.

Eric