Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - Saturday, April 30th! 5:00pm

Started by piker, April 25, 2016, 02:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

That was fun!  ;D

I think there were about 8 or so flyers, and a couple members came to watch.

It was a bit windy at first, but it calmed down nicely.

Highlights included Rob D's first flights off water, a bit of formation flying, a couple maidens (including my waterbomber), and lots of nice landings

There were a few mishaps, but that's part of the experience and the fun.

Thanks to Robert for organizing, and for helping us with his boat.
Michael

bweaver

Yes it was a lot of fun.  Thanks Rob for organizing it and the boat was really helpful.  (No, I wasn't the only one that needed it.) 

The Savoia Marchetti is still in one peice.  A little wet, but it will fly another day.  Try! Try! Try Again!

Great evening and nice seeing so many out.  :D

Wingnutz

Michael, Bruce, thanks for the updates...glad it turned out well. Sorry I missed it...my Beaver was packed on the car in anticipation of joining Rob's float fanatics but I got held up 'til nearly 700 o'clock and decided to wait 'til next time. Looking forward to the next one!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

Goodness me, Bill. That is late. 700 o'clock! You must be shattered!

octagon

Thanks for all the help from everyone there, Rob and Michael and Bruce in particular,  on my first water flying experience. It was a lot of fun. I like the fact you can always take off and land directly into the wind, and it is just kind of cool watching takeoffs and landings on water. I have a few mods to make on the Beaver, but I am looking forward to the next float fly. I am more determined than ever to get us access to that quarry on McCowan Rd.
What could possibly go wrong?

battlestu

Quote from: octagon on May 01, 2016, 10:25:04 AM
.....but I am looking forward to the next float fly.

shameless club self promotion the next float fly is on May 14 (on the golden shores on Frenchman's Bay)

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Michael

I'll be working that day. I'm glad I flew yesterday.
Michael

eric

Yes, a great night of float flying! My Beaver finally flew and my wee 1970 Sterling airboat scooted around quite well. Unfortunately, my Seawind bought the farm after a battery failure and undignified splashdown. It was on its last legs anyway, being a little ratty after an explosive head on with a duck at the cottage.

Thanks to Robert for organizing these float flies; they're always a lot of fun.

piker

Hey guys.  Posting from warm and sunny La Jolla.   Yep.  Good time last night.   It never really calmed down like I always hope for but the breeze was from a good direction so it was quite manageable.  Thanks for coming out for some float flying. We'll do it again in a couple of weeks.  Maybe at a different location.