SEMINAR-CANCELLED "How to cover a model airplane"

Started by Frank v B, April 17, 2023, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

How to cover a model airplane

Saturday, May 6, 9:30 am at Mark Satin's house.
Duration approximately 2 hours...then I am going flying!!   :D :D
Please confirm your attendance so I can send you a PM with Mark's address.

Original post:

Yesterday at the field I was asked by Greg if I would show him and Mandeep how to cover a model airplane.  Soon Mark wanted to join in having built two models.

I am happy to run a seminar if any TEMAC member is interested in learning how to use iron-on films on balsa frames.

Mark has volunteered his place if there are 3-4 members interested.  If there are more, Rob D. will be pressed into service to find a suitable place since he did such a good job for the December AGM.

Yes, I will do section on repairs as well.  Thanks Colin.

Please indicate your interest here and I will add you to the list.

Frank

Tally of people interested:
- Greg Cadez
- Mandeep
- Mark
- Geoff M.
- Colin
- George
-
-
"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

Knightlite

Georgetsigaridis

Sorry for the late response. Has the seminar already taken place. If not then please add me to the list.
Thanks George

msatin

No date  has been set George.
I'm hoping to finish construction and prep on my current build by the end of this weekend.
Once I'm ready, we'll send a note directly to those who are interested, and try to get a date that can work for everybody.
You never fail until you stop trying

Georgetsigaridis

Frank v B

Guys,

Mark will have his plane ready for covering next week.
The seminar will probably be about two hours...of insults to the guy doing the presentation.  ;D

Two possible dates:
Saturday May 6, 9:30 am start.
Sunday May 7, 9:30 am start.

Please send me a PM with your preference.
... and yes, I am going flying afterwards.

If neither day works, I am happy to run it again for those who have time/family conflicts and cannot make it on either day.
My job is to keep Mark racing towards the finish line on his project.

Frank

GeoffM

Frank v B

The seminar will be on Saturday, May 6, 9:30 am at Mark Satin's house (Yonge and Clark).
If you have a project you have questions about, bring it.
I plan to cover Mark's plane so we go through fuselage, wing and technicalities like trim stripes.
Also will go over how to handle repairs.

About two hours.

Note: I will be posting photos and steps on this post after the meeting.

Frank

ps: I have to attend a function in Oakville on Sunday, May 7 so it was eliminated as an option.

bfeist

GeoffM

Georgetsigaridis

msatin

Can the folks who will be attending this seminar, let me know and I will email my address to you?
Also - please let me know if you would like to actually do some covering yourself, or will just be observing the master (NOT me  ;D) at work

Thanks
Mark S.
You never fail until you stop trying

Knightlite

I would like to attend. I do not own any covering equipment but am there to learn. If I can connect to the WIFI I could live stream this to Youtube if there is enough interest.

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Knightlite on April 30, 2023, 05:52:53 PM
I would like to attend. I do not own any covering equipment but am there to learn. If I can connect to the WIFI I could live stream this to Youtube if there is enough interest.

Yes, please stream through YouTube!!
I am certain there are tricks I can learn.
Guy

PS: I cannot attend in person due to a prior commitment.