TEMAC Nooner racer build thread!!

Started by Ededge2002, February 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fprieto

I think now I'm good to go...
I will start with 4.75x4.75 prop...

Ededge2002

Damn!  Yellow, Flames AND a Rudder!  Great to see some variety in the racers.  Looks great!

We should all bring our nooners to the Sunday meeting at noon!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Nice!

Does anyone have an extra pushrod? I need one as I keep screwing up my elevator linkage...  :(

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

sihinch

Fabiano, that looks AWESOME! Nice looking plane. Wow.

fprieto

Thanks,
I hope it flies nice as well !!!

Ededge2002

After a little break from Nooners im right back at it.  Figured I would post a picture of my secret weapon for the series just before the team selections!  As it has three wings its going to have one huge motor and 3 Thunderbird 18 esc's. 

Actualy ive been conrtracted to build TWO MORE! 

Anyone else have any progres to report?  Robert have you opened the bag yet?  If I get put on your team im not building your plane~!~

piker

I'm going to build mine the night before the first race, then have my first race my first flight... just to give you guys a head start and a slim chance to win a race before I start taking home all the trophies.  That's the kind of nice guy I am.

And why the heck would I want you to screw up MY plane too?  I know this, building the planes of all your competitors, is part of your strategy...

sihinch

Mine seems to fly nicely - are you scared Robert?  :o

Ededge2002

After running around the room several times with the Nooner "Tri Tri again" plane Ive realized its just to dificult to get the required amount of power into it.  Then I had a revelation and the Nooner "menage a trois" is born!!  The outer props will counter rotate and the center motor will be a counter rotating set up!  Its still in the design phase but as its out of the bag its already faster than Roberts plane!

sihinch

Wow! Put me down for one of those, please Ed!

piker

I made a HUGE step forward in the construction of my Nooner last night... I chose the colours I'm going to use... not the colour scheme... just the colours.

I don't want to rush things too much.

Ededge2002

Setting quite the pace there Robert!

thehaze

Quote from: piker on April 12, 2013, 03:21:20 PM
I made a HUGE step forward in the construction of my Nooner last night... I chose the colours I'm going to use... not the colour scheme... just the colours.

I don't want to rush things too much.

Let hope your race like you build.... slowly..
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

piker