HobbyKing versus Banggood packaging

Started by Canuke, October 11, 2019, 12:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuke

Both included free shipping.

Canuke

Banggood picture didn't attach

Canuke

Sorry. Can't get the pictures to attach properly. (dementia)

davidk

Ouch... what's inside the Banggood box?
Are the Banggood contents crunched?
For that matter, what's inside the HobbyKing box?  Was the HobbyKing order USA Warehouse or Global Warehouse?

Frank v B

Why don't they just call the company by its performance criteria  Good-'n-Banged (up).

Reminds me of the Herman cartoon about the post office - "when it says "FRAGILE", we throw it underhand" :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Canuke

The Banggood plane is called a Rainbow II. It had some damage (mainly just scars and gouges). It turned out to be a the same foam as an earlier model I had with different decals and power supplies (can't remember the name of the earlier model). The Hobbyking plane is a Mustang that uses 800/850  3 cells that were orphans from an earlier write-off. The plane is beautiful and would have qualified as a plastic model you built from an earlier generation. Absolutely no damage, beautifully packed with air bags and crumpled paper. Night and day difference in packaging.

sihinch

Oh wow! I've been looking for a Rainbow II. I can't find it on the Banggood site Jim.  Is it this one?

Canuke

I believe so, although it doesn't have the little top wing.

Canuke

I am confused. The plane I ordered was the plane you are showing. I just looked up Banggood and also cannot find the this plane. They must have substituted one plane for the other. If you want this plane I will sell it for the price I paid for it?

Canuke

Sorry. Changed my mind. Think I'll keep it.

bweaver

Jim, I didn't know you flew indoor 3D.  I don't recall you being a student of mine at Bruce's school of 3D.  It looks like your plane was just about to enter a spin.  ::)

Canuke

Sandra enjoys a little artistic flair to her photos. Probably would have been better pointing up to the sky rather than into the ground. Oh well, it will eventually be correct as posed.