Flying this Friday, December 18, 1 pm-ish

Started by Frank v B, December 16, 2020, 03:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I am trying to be at the field on Friday, Dec 18 from about 1 pm.  Andy and Michael are game as well.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Hopefully I can make it.   :P

I look at the previous photos, it seems everyone are flying off with floats or skid.  I guess the runway is not capable to take off with wheels.

Frank v B

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Oscar on December 16, 2020, 07:11:46 PM
Hopefully I can make it.   :P

I look at the previous photos, it seems everyone are flying off with floats or skid.  I guess the runway is not capable to take off with wheels.

Hi @Oscar ,

Pilots were using a mix of floats, skis and wheels on Tues Dec 15 (see Michael's photos - https://temac.ca/smf/index.php?topic=7775.msg52471#msg52471).  There was enough snow on the grass to use floats or skis. and the runway was relatively clear of snow and ice (see attached photo below).

Andy

octagon

Hi Frank. The weather looks good for tomorrow, so I will try and join you guys. Can you bring that clear monocote? I covered the Beaver fuse and it is ready for windows.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Oscar

Thank you Andy.  And thank you Frank for the suggestion.   :D

Michael

This afternoon: cold, but not too cold, sunny and low winds.

There was hardly any snow yesterday; certainly not enough for taking off with floats.

It's wheels for today (I think).

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Michael on December 18, 2020, 09:34:42 AM
This afternoon: cold, but not too cold, sunny and low winds.

There was hardly any snow yesterday; certainly not enough for taking off with floats.

It's wheels for today (I think).

Thanks for the heads up @Michael See you this afternoon.

Andy 

Michael

Amazing day.

Not too cold, almost no wind, and bright blue sky.

There was non-stop flying all afternoon, including jets and warbirds.
Michael

davidk

A beautiful day.  Little to no wind, bright blue sky... we could actually see our planes today.
Greg with a very happy Scout.  Greg had good hold of the pup as she wanted so much to play with the planes.
I'm not sure Frank is buying what Michael is selling.
And... Ken is being nostalgic with this gorgeous LearJet he just picked up... the same model he had 20 years ago... and this one still running with brushed motors... and on a 3S 6600mAh battery... yikes.  How I wish E-flite would make this one today.
Ken flew this beautifully... using the entire south end of the runway to land.  That little bit of snow at the end gave him a few inches to spare.  Excellent landing... she just wanted to keep going.  So much fun to see this fly, and flown so well.

davidk

And...

Michael

Today I saw at the field: Oscar, Kenny, Loy, Jim, Frank, Andy, Glenn, Rob, David, Greg H, and ??? Did I forget anyone?

Michael

Oscar

What a wonderful day.  Finally, all 3 Widgeon come together and flew in formation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18DgEyyZ8i4aSDj4hoHBx7fme-Gu0uZZB/view?usp=sharing
Sidenote: The music I selected for this video, 'Come Together', has a copyright that blocked my publish.  This is the only way I can shared without getting blocked.  Sorry.

Frank v B

Oscar, tell us what you really think. :) :)

F.