Minimoa 105"

Started by GuyOReilly, November 06, 2019, 12:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyOReilly

TEMAC Flight June 20, 2021
Thank you @Frank v B for saving the plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6-9M4VuaGA

GuyOReilly

Set-up to identify the wing warping issue.
The right wing has a positive incidence that will be twisted out... I hope  :o

Frank v B

Guy, itsa my job. :)

A little background.

The reason I called "landing from the south" was because it was a downwind landing.  On a left turn, the plane wanted to flip on its back.  A right turn was manageable.  This way the landing approach was with a right turn but downwind.  The only cause I could think of during the flight was a warped wing but my job was to get it down in one piece.  No style points requested or required. The finesse of a Glenn-type landing went out the window ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

It just hit me.  Guy took the landing video so he couldn't lose.

If the landing were successful, he would have his airplane back.
If the landing were unsuccessful, he could sell the footage for the TV program "Mayday". 

The outcome is always predictable..... it is always "pilot error". ;)

Frank

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Frank v B on June 25, 2021, 12:35:12 PM
It just hit me.  Guy took the landing video so he couldn't lose.
If the landing were successful, he would have his airplane back.
If the landing were unsuccessful, he could sell the footage for the TV program "Mayday". 
The outcome is always predictable..... it is always "pilot error". ;)
Frank

No @Frank v B , you got it wrong: I will admit that it would have been Builder's Blame in this case.
The video, I must confess, did provide some exciting, suspenseful and riveting footage of your extraordinary piloting skills.
Unfortunately, @Andy Hoffer was not there to witness such aviation skills firsthand, the unedited video however proves for posterity your prowess.
Your humble servant, Guy

GuyOReilly

Twist taken out of the right wing.
Set-up both ailerons with reflex/up to hopefully assist with slow speed and prevent tip stalling.
Reduced the movement to 50% for rudder, elevator and ailerons (it was too much movement).
Added exponential to rudder, elevator and ailerons (should improve sensitivity).
Battery charged up.
It is now ready for a second test flight as soon as the weather improves..

octagon

Hey Guy. I want to thank you for posting the picture of the Mimosa in your workshop. I noticed your solution to storing clamps by hanging them from a wire. I never thought of that and had all my clamps in a cardboard box. Your method makes so much more sense. I have emulated your method. Thanks
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Guy,

I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday) 10-1 if you wish a spear chucker's hand. ;)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Good luck @GuyOReilly !

I would SO love to be there to watch @Frank v B launch your Minimoa!  ;D

Make sure he fully inflates his cheeks before he throws, otherwise ABORT the takeoff.  He needs full maxillofacial inflation and pressure to ensure that his catapult musculature works.

Andy

GuyOReilly

The death spiral result.
Will not fly again.
Notwithstanding rumours to the contrary, it was not @Frank v B 's fault.
Parts were salvaged and will proceed to another project.