trainer

Started by imran1042, September 24, 2012, 09:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imran1042

On Sunday during the skills challenge are there any trainers that can do buddy box with me, my friend and my brother? Also are any trainers available for Saturday if the weather is good?
Thanks,
              Imran
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

There will be no instruction during the skills challenge event. You are welcome to watch, but the nature of the event requires that only pilots with wings may fly. This is for the safety of everyone.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

imran1042

ok but in the poster it says that students on buddy box may also fly

thehaze

I guess I should have read the tickler before commenting.

Buddy boxes are allowed for members wishing to participate. However, it is up to the instructor to determine whether or not the student pilot has sufficient control of their model to participate in any given event.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

imran1042

Ok  ;D , Simon said I fly my Cessna really well, I have even stalled it a few times on purpose and recovered from them, but I have not landed it or taken of yet.

sihinch

Hi Imran,

Given that you and your brother have only flown at the club a couple of times, and when there was only a few aircraft in the sky, let's make sure the event is appropriate.  As Mike said, "it is up to the instructor to determine whether or not the student pilot has sufficient control of their model to participate in any given event."

As an aside, any participants must be members of TEMAC.

Simon

imran1042

sihinch

Do you have a model that is set-up for a buddy box, Imran?  Ideally something that you have flown with an instructor before?

imran1042

My Spitfire is the only one with a spectrum receiver(I have a DX6) or I can take the receiver out for now and put it in my Cessna if you prefer. 

Michael

I volunteer to buddy box with Imran in any event in which I am not participating.

I am a pretty good pilot and last year I crashed and severely damaged only 3 model airplanes at the event.

Michael

battlestu

Hee hee I'll also help out... I only crashed twice last year ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran1042

Thanks everyone I appreciate it  :)

Michael

Right now, Sunday's forecast is predicting 20km winds.

For safety reasons, I will only help if winds are 10km or less.
Michael

Papa

OK to be serious for a moment.

I am limiting students on buddy boxes to "Landing on a Dime" and "once around the block"
The student can only fly if a Qualified Instructor, who knows their skill level, agrees they can fly.
While I used the word "student" my intention was for students who were approaching "solo" qualification
not a beginning student.

Jack Higgins
Event Coordinator.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

imran13

I would like to fly my plane as well, I have only flown at the club once with Greg H but have flown with Imran H a few times using buddy-box at the park. I am perfectly okay with not flying, but it would be pretty fun to fly :)

Thanks, Imran
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.