TEMAC's Welcome Spring. 11:51 Thursday March 19, 2020

Started by Frank v B, March 18, 2020, 11:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

That's it.  My work this week has been cancelled.  There is only one thing to do:

Welcome Spring at Rogo Field 11:51 am Thursday, March 19, 2020

I am welcoming spring 2020 at Rogo Field at 11:51 am tomorrow.  A box of Tim's Donuts will be opened at exactly 11:51 am to celebrate the arrival of Spring.  Please drop by and help down the donuts.  You know how difficult challenging it is to down a dozen donuts on my own. ;D
I plan to get to the field at 11:30 AM. with the box of donuts.  Bruce has already confirmed "the only reason I'm coming is because of the donuts".  The race is on!!

There is a personal need:
- fly the fixed Decathlon
- re-fly the Joy Stick with the increased throws and bigger prop.  Bruce, I added more "Joy" to my "Stick".  ;)  Go for it.
- maiden my sluggish WarWing.  Bruce, be there please.

Frank

ps: Rogo Field is safe:
- it is outdoor.
- our flight stones are 20' apart.  A MAAC requirement.... so Rob can't throw stuff at me while we are flying.
- please keep an empty parking space between each car so we get our 2 meter separation.
- no mid-air collisions allowed since there may be cross-contamination.  Hah!   ;D ;D
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Despite a "State of Emergency" some of us still have to keep the Supply Chain going!  :'(

Frank v B

Simon,

You keep working on the Chain Gang.  Bruce, Rob and I will get the field ready for you. That's a lot of work too, you know.;)

Frank

bweaver

Quote from: sihinch on March 18, 2020, 03:19:03 PM
Despite a "State of Emergency" some of us still have to keep the Supply Chain going!  :'(

Sincerely, thanks for doing that Simon and thanks to everyone else who is contributing to improving things in what ever way's possible. 

Frank v B

We welcomed spring at 11:51 but it turns out we were 12 hours early (eager or what?).  Spring happens at 11:51 pm.  We were 12 hours early.  It turns out Bangkok, Thailand is exactly 12 hours ahead.  Since that is the place I was born I could claim my mistake was deliberate.... not!

Friends showed up and donuts were eaten.  Rob D., Greg Hazelton, Bruce, BJ Roberts were there to celebrate with me.

Greg H. showed us his latest project, a cute 8 month old German Shepherd name Scout.  Scout claimed that Greg was well behaved. ;D

Rob flew his Joy Stick, Bruce flew his plane (E-Flite Funtana-ish).  My new Joy Stick with wild throws and double the power was wildly aerobatic.  I reduced the elevator throw by 25% for the second flight and it was much more relaxing.  Broke the tip off my prop when it struck a runway staple on the first flight and re-trimmed it for the second flight.
The Warwing flew fine with gentle coaching from Mr. Foam himself (Bruce)

The photos will follow when I can access my own computer.

Frank

Frank v B

Here are the photos:

Photo 33- Rob and Scout and his handler (Greg H.)
Photo 34- my prop clipped a runway staple.
Photo 35- Did someone say only red cars were allowed?  Then Bruce showed up with Snow White.
Photo 38- How I balanced the prop for the second flight.  Clipped both tips roughly equal with side cutters.  Then held a board with 100 grit sandpaper to the spinning prop.
Photo 39- a newly balanced prop.  It flew fine.
Photo 40- Scout brought his handler.  He said his name was Greg. ;)
Photo 41- BJ only got out of his car to get a donut.
Photo 42- Keeping 6' away from Bruce.... with a fence in between.  Social distancing as we defined it.
Photo 43- the prize.
Photo 44- The insulation project flew fine.  I bought the paint this morning.

VadimKirillov

It looks like a great red car convention. Unfortunately I don't have a red car. Let me know when grey cars get together.  And btw I'm not touching Frank with 6' pole ether.  Hope to start flying again soon.

BJROB

Vadim
Red is where it's at.... for sure.
Bruce was a bit detained.... at the time of the picture
He's driving a white.......car
At this club we open to all colours.... of cars
We're frendly that way
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!