Eflite P-51D 1.5m Gear door enhancement

Started by Oscar, September 30, 2020, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Hello,

I know we have number of pilots who own the Eflite P-51D 1.5m.  The other day, I came across the thread from RCG that talks about the Gear Door issue.  From what I read, Horizon has released a new improve Gear Door replacement.  I believe it's free of charge if you contact them. 

The photo shows the difference.  The one on the right with darker gray is the new gear door.  At the moment, the current selling product is still using the old gear door design.

Gear Door Issue
When I spoke to Horizon about the gear door issue, they told me they were aware of the problem. It is my understanding that the new gear doors are now available and that Horizon Support will be able to work with customers to get replacements with the new style material. If you look at the pictures in the review, it's pretty east to see that the new doors I received were a much "Grayer" color than the originals. I assume the different color was due to the changed material as the inside of the doors were not painted. My advice would be to contact Horizon Support and see what they are willing to do to help you out. I know Horizon Support may take a while to contact right now due to all the work from home stuff, but give it a try, you might just get some new gear doors.