NO GO tomorrow- Flying this coming Sunday, April 14, 2024 11am -2 pm

Started by Frank v B, April 11, 2024, 06:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

I am planning to be at Rogo Field this coming Sunday from about 11 am to 2 pm....if the rain ever stops*. ;)

If any new members need check flights, returning members need some help or if you need help with a maiden flight for a winter project...come join me.

I will post a final decision after dinner on Saturday.

Frank

* there is a song in here somewhere.  "Have you ever seen the rain" or "who'll stop the rain" by CCR

"Never trade luck for skill"

GuyOReilly

Well @Frank v B , it has rained for 3 of the proverbial 40, so far...

Noah

I'll try and make my way out there for a few flights. Hoping to get my wings maybe.

Frank v B

No Go!  Sorry.  The POP is listed at 90%. I live at Yonge and St. Clair so it is a bit of a hike to get rained out.

Sorry from the guy who does not look at weather forecasts..starting Wednesday May 8 when training starts.

Frank

davidk

Only 40% chance from around noon on as of last night... and now no rain at all.  It's sunny here in Stouffville.

Frank v B

David, did you bring your suntan lotion?  ;)

It got nice in midtown at noon.
Hope you enjoyed the flying.

Frank

davidk

I did... and I needed it.  I wish I'd worn my shorts.  Kenny and I were in T-Shirts.
Winds never got above 5kph... and every 10 minutes it would change direction... we got all 4 today... too funny.
Got busy around 4pm.
I got 10 flights in today... stunning day.

Michael

Michael

davidk

Yes, it was the prettiest plane out today... so happy to see it.  It's a Hobby Lobby.