Hotdog BBQ day August 27, 2023

Started by Michael, August 16, 2023, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hi Everyone,
We are planning to have another BBQ at the TEMAC field on Sunday August 27. The BBQ will be free for Temac members. We wlil be cooking up some delicious all beef hot dogs. We will have condiments, but please bring your own drinks. We'll start the Q about noon, and then enjoy flying afterward. We are not planning any organized flying events, just bring whatever you feel like flying. Come on out and enjoy a good hot dog, some laughs, and some flying with friends
Please reply  to this subject posted on the General Discussion area on the forum if you are planning to attend to give us an idea of how much food to supply.
Cheers, your executive, Michael, Dave, Mark and Rob.

Frank (our CFI) has confirmed that our friend Paul Hepworth will attend. He's an amazing RC pilot, and everyone will enjoy watching him fly!

I've heard rumors that prizes will be given away. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to Aug. 27.

Hotdogs so far:
2 Frank
2 Oscar
2 Jan
2 Mark
2 Paul G
8 David
2 Michael
2 Greg C
2 Simon H
2 Peter P
3 Noah and family
2 Karl
2 Paul S
1 Andy H
1 Mike B

Michael

davidk

Yikes... that's a lot o' hot dogs... but I'll give it a go!!

sihinch

This is great thanks! I'll have 2 please? Thank you

ppalumbo

GeoffM

Noah

3 for me and my family if it's possible.

octagon

Hi Everyone. Further to Michaels post regarding Sunday the 27th bbq, Paul Hepworth will be putting on a flying demonstration. For anyone who has wittnessed Paul fly I need say no more. If you haven't, you are in for a treat from a World Class aerobatic pilot. We have quite a few raffle prizes, kindly donated by AJ Hobbies, Greathobbies, Pinnacle Hobbies and John's hobbies. There is no competition, we are simply getting together for a bbq, some laughs with friends and a some flying. In order to be entered in the raffle, all that is required is a flight, regardless of duration. Also, please bring anything you would like to sell in a kind of unofficial swap meet.

We look forward to a fun day. Hope to see as many of you as possible
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

So far, no auction.

Overall, there is no agenda; just fly and have fun.
Michael

kmandjik

Two for me please.
I will attend.
Karl

Frank v B

RC junk from my trunk

I will be bringing some planes and stuff to sell or just give away at lunch-time.
If you have some stuff to sell, please place it inside the wire fence with a price tag on a Post-it note on the item(s).
If you have just a few items, leave your trunk open with a price tag on the items.  I will bring Post-It notes and magic markers if you need.

Frank

Andy- please do not place $5.00 price tags on the planes I am flying that day! ;D

The administration may decide to place "for sale" items together near the tall grass at the south end if the day gets busy.  A game-day decision.

"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

octagon

Just a reminder to everyone about Sunday. We have many items donated by local hobby shops. Johns Hobbies, Great Hobbies, Pinnacle Hobbies and A J Hobbies. No competition, just a nice day of flying, a bbq and fun with friends. To be entered in the raffle all that is required is for a flight, regardless of duration.
What could possibly go wrong?

PDS

Thanks - I am hoping to attend - 2 hot dogs please.
Paul S

GuyOReilly

I would love to join in the festivities; however, I will be flying the "real thing" on Sunday.
Perhaps I will fly overhead, depending on flight plan.
Have a great time!
Guy

Andy Hoffer

Many thanks to the organizers! And kudos for the superb weather forecast.   8)

I would like to sign up for 1 hot dog please.

Cheers,

Andy Hoffer