Winter Flying 2021

Started by davidk, January 01, 2021, 02:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

Happy New Year, To One and All!

A good start to the New Year saw BJ (looking particularly fetching in his board shorts), Simon, Andy, Oscar, and me flying.  Greg dropped by for a chat and brought along his artistic talent... he's good!

Andy Hoffer

A great winter's day at the field! 

BJ was really pumped in his sartorial winter attire.

Simon was sporting a customized transmitter glove, superbly tricked out by Lesley with designer sport sock sleeves and a flannel lining, all rated for RC flying at -40oC - and that's without the gloves he was wearing!  Simon also modelled his very cool ice-blue aviator shades with matching heart-stopping holographs of BJ and yours truly, along with a designer toque and balaclava face mask.   

Greg Cadez presented another of his superb renderings of TEMAC characters, depicting the In-Spirit Non-Frozen-Finger Non-Fun-Fly!  Coming soon to the Art Gallery of Ontario!!  Thanks Greg!

Finally, Michael's old "Homing Pigeon" Robbe Gemini (similar to the one in the photo below), which I bought from him years ago, attempted in vain to escape the field over the trees to the west of the loo, gently kissing a tree top branch in a valiant effort to return to Michael before i was able to wrestle it back into something that vaguely resembled a circuit.  That was a gift!!  My celebration comprised another flight - thankfully uneventful!!  ::)  Glad I had an audience to share the excitement!  :D

Gotta love winter!!   8)

Andy

Michael

January 8, 2021.

A few guys were out flying today, and Rob D maidened his newly built Unionville Beaver on skis. It flew fantastic!

Michael

Andy Hoffer

hey @octagon

Way to go Rob!  Congrats.  The deep yellow sure looks great against the deep blue sky!!  8)

Andy

Oscar

Congratulations Rob!  I wish I was there to witness the maiden.   :D

Michael

Today we had about 10 degrees temp., almost no winds, blue sky and sun shining!

Flying was great!

Please note, the driveway and field are wet, icy and snowy; the runway is muddy. Be careful.

Michael