2013-68 TEMAC Tickler, November Pilot's Meeting.

Started by Papa, November 19, 2013, 06:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

#2013-68
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Can't believe I missed out on such an awesome meeting!

Papa

We can't believe you missed out on such an awesome meeting.
It went until 10:00pm and we missed having you around to slag.
So look out next time you're in for a double dose!

Are you home yet?

Jack.
A motto to live by:

sihinch

Yes, arrived on Sunday night after a 4 hr delay.

But I did have lots of (RC) toys waiting for me on my return! My little Quad is here and a new fast fun plane, plus some bits from HK. I just need to work out how to get passed all the repairs in my workshop!

And I want to start building the fuse for my 2014 racer! Speaking of racing, what a great team I'm on! The passion, resilience and tenacity shown by my teammates in 2013 was not matched or rivaled by any!

Any update on Nooner requirements for 2014?

Ededge2002

Far as I've heard regarding changes there are none besides you can now sand the little bumps off. Thank goodness!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on November 20, 2013, 06:48:28 AM
Speaking of racing, what a great team I'm on! The passion, resilience and tenacity shown by my teammates in 2013 was not matched or rivaled by any!

Just imagine what we can do this coming season under your inspired leadership!  I hear that Cadbury dark chocolate covered coconut bars are just under the legal limit for performance-enhacing drugs and are known to greatly sharpen pilot reflexes, visual acuity and that burning desire to push the racing envelope en route to the finish line, just behind our fearless leader, of course!   

piker

Yes, it was a great meeting as always.  It was nice to see so much Show and Tell and some serious building going on.  Excellent!

I'm curious to see what the final team selection was.  I know who I'm with, but I want to get a good read on the competition.  Are the teams posted somewhere that I'm missing?  If not, I'm sure Jack is working on it... and there's no rush.

BTW, are we having scratch built biplane racing next year too?

Robert

Frank v B

"BTW, are we having scratch built biplane racing next year too?"

Are both wings required?  Can we eject one wing after take-off?  If both wings come off, can we call it go-kart racing?

Piker, the possibilities are endless.  Great idea.

Frank

ps: sorry Jack, I got carried away. :-X
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Hey Frank, building on your idea and taking into consideration Pikers love of lakes and water....

We could strap the 2 wings under the fuse and have hydroplane racing!

Papa

A motto to live by:

piker

Quote from: sihinch on November 21, 2013, 09:31:30 PM
Hey Frank, building on your idea and taking into consideration Pikers love of lakes and water....

We could strap the 2 wings under the fuse and have hydroplane racing!

Oh, I WILL be putting floats on mine...

BTW, Simon, you probably don't know about this portion of my past life.  I think you're onto something :-)

SeaStryder....freedom redefined