New Year's Funfly (Freezefly). Jan 1 10 am

Started by Frank v B, December 01, 2016, 08:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Let's do this again on January 1 to ring in the new year at TEMAC.  Last year we had 12 brave (stupid? :D, stupidly brave? ) souls show up and we had a great time.  Andy and I even wore tacky bathing suits..over our snow pants.  The weather was quite nice and we flew.

Starting 9 am- meet at Tim's Woodbine and Stouffville.
10 am- convoy to the field.... unless there is a really bad snow storm.

This is rain, snow or shine.  If the weather is really bad we will have a really good time telling war stories at Tim's.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Why wouldn't you want to "chill" with such a great looking gang of winter bears?!! 8)

Andy

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Michael

re: "I'll participate this year!"  ;D

Yes!  you will enjoy it.  The only tough part about the New Year's funfly is explaining to your family why you had to drive that distance to get a coffee with friends (like-minded idiots?) and freeze your a$$ off in a middle of a farmer's field for two hours... in the pursuit of true happiness.

Andy- Nice shorts.  Your mother doesn't dress you any more?? 
What do you expect from a Salvation Army Store.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Frank and I clearly have the same haute couture "jeans"!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Now that Christmas is behind us and Chanukah has begun, time to count down to TEMAC's New Year's Freezefly at 10 am Jan 1.  Please remember to renew your MAAC since your current policy expires Dec 31.  Please renew your MAAC through the association's website (maac.ca).  Andy would love to take your TEMAC membership money when we meet at Tim's Woodbine starting at 9 am. before the procession to Rogo Field at 10 am.

Remember rain or snow or shine we meet at Tim's.  No reasonable excuse accepted.  :D

Frank

Gregor77

Frank v B

Two days away. 
Better have something that will hand launch (coffee, donut).  Bruce Weaver will probably be selling hand-warmers.  We will probably have to pay rent at Tim's for all the time we will be spending inside.  It's going to be blustery. 
Andy's smile is as wide as his shoulders already.

Happy New Year to those sane members who are wisely choosing to stay home. :D

Frank

Michael

I want to decide what plane to bring.

Forecast for the morning, so far, is -4 degrees, and 15 km winds (gusts to 27km).  Not too bad.

Is there enough snow for a floats take off?
Can we drive in?
Michael

octagon

There is lots of snow so I think floats would work.  Driving in looks a bit dicey, you would hate to get stuck back there.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Bring a micro-drone and fly inside Tim's.  :D

I am bringing a hand-chucker plane.  Take-off no problem.  It may be a splat landing but that's OK.

My assumption is that we cannot drive in.  "Plan for the worst; hope for the best".

Frank

Frank v B

Ten people braved the winter elements and went to the field. Michael, Glenn, Simon, Andy, Gregor and I flew at least one flight.  Greg H., Larry, Rob D. and Graham joined the insult chorus.

We parked the cars on the road and had to walk in.  A beautiful start to the new year.
Here to hoping that Michael and Greg will post a photo or two.

Frank

Michael

I was going to wait for Simon to send out a Tickler, but what the heck!  ;D

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Great shots Michael!  What a fantastic winter day on the beach!!   8)

Andy 

BJROB

Sorry I missed a awesome day to fly.
the Pictures are real good
no earth pulling stories???
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!