Rifle 1M

Started by sihinch, July 30, 2014, 08:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

No pics at present, but I finished the assembly of my Rifle 1M yesterday.  Just need to balance and secure rx/lipo etc.

Very nice build, only minor complaint was that they'd got glue in the threads of one of the wing blind nuts.  Or they used the wrong type of blind nut, because the supplied bolt wont go in.

Using an HET 2W18 with 75A Edge Lite ESC.  Runs on 3S 2200mAh lipo. DS09 servos all round.

Hoping to maiden on Saturday.

battlestu

looking forward to seeing this one... have you measured the amp draw on your power system?
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Not yet but according to the RCGroups thread it should be about 55-60A

Ededge2002

Sounds like fun Simon!  Can't wait for photos and flight report.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

Simon, my Rifle 1M is still on order via John's Hobbies. 

Try to keep yours in one piece until I get mine. ;D
I am not planning to put in outrageous power in mine (approx 350 watts, 28mm inrunner).

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

Frank I must advise you that this plane doesn't have landing gear....  350w? What's that for taxiing around the pits?

sihinch

....and it's twice as heavy as a Nooner, Frank!

Come on, you need at least 450W!!!

Ededge2002

Remember my original Rifle flew with a measly 440W...

sihinch

Shots from the maiden courtesy of Greg H.   Thanks for launching Glenn.

Flew great, no real bad habits. Severely dips the nose and looses height when spoilers are deployed - I'm going to add some up elevator. Weird!

I flew with 4.1x4.1 prop, so now it's time to go up! Recommended is 4.5x4.1 but I may go larger!

Very happy with it. It does disappear on finals due to small frontal area - yikes!

Michael

Once trimmed, it appeared to fly extremely smooth and stable.

It was nice!

Michael

akabek

Hi Simon, did you ever try the HET 2W-23 from the Reverb?  I have a Rifle on order which I should receive early September.

sihinch

No, just went straight to 2W-18 on 3S but may change it out and try the 2W-23 on 4S. It didn't feel that quick on 3S really.

akabek

Good to know, thanks Simon