next Build class- Wed Feb 22 '17

Started by Frank v B, February 17, 2017, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Calling all builders and Evil Quadalists.  The next build class is this coming Wednesday at 7 pm at Col. Mustard's... after our dinner upstairs starting... as soon as people get there.

This week:

- Piker will probably continue with his "Tricks with Balsa Sticks", since it is the only time he gets to build... models that is.  His house build and work continue to get in the way of his model airplanes.
- the Evil Quad group will continue in their evil ways.
- I will continue with a covering session.
- Bruce 'Warwing" Weaver has promised to drop by and help anyone interested in building a foam Warwing.
- we will continue with a problem solving group run by an experienced modeler..... if we can find one  ;D.  Bring any build, repair or radio issue.  Balsa or foam.

Please attend if you have any questions or challenges... or if you just want to join the insult exchange.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

Looking forward to the dinner part... lol!

Frank v B

Oh, forgot.

I still have to make a battery hatch for the little speed 400 rocket out of balsa so I will show you how to build one.  This applies to a balsa and foam fuselages.

This will put you in good shape if you fly an E-Flite balsa airplane.  I have had to build two hatches for the .25 Beaver and two for the Taylorcraft 450.  These planes have a habit of spitting them out when turning upwind on a gusty day. You can't always fly downwind. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

We had 14 people show up for the build class.  It was the usual riot.  Piker was sticking it to balsa sticks. The Evil Twins (identical? ;D)- Eric and Stefan had a garden of computer delights with some quads attached to them.  Malcolm and I did some covering, Rob D. did some retracting and Bruce Weaver was quality control... quality of insults that is.

I started off the meeting by saying there would be an indoor helicopter raffled off... then I got busy, then some people had to leave early.  So tonight I placed 13 pieces of paper, each with a name on it,  into a bowl and had my dear wife draw a name.... and the winner is Sophia's baby sitter.... Cadez.  He will have it delivering self applying diapers to his daughter via air mail soon.

The helicopter was donated by John Kusturin for the build class participants.  Greg will receive it at the next meeting.

Frank

octagon

Thanks for the report Frank, I know Cadez need another plane, last count he was down to 84.
What could possibly go wrong?

BJROB

That was an awesome night, Frank thanks for the report.
With Greg being a baby sitter... at nap time (for Sophia) he can fly around the house and still listen to the baby monitor....
Thank you John Kusturin  for your donation of some fun, to the build class.
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!