Float Fly Scheduled for Saturday August 13

Started by piker, August 12, 2016, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey guys,

We do have a float fly scheduled for Frenchman's Bay tomorrow (Saturday) evening, but the forecast for tomorrow is calling for thunderstorms and strong winds... generally very unsettled.  I'm sorry, but I'm going to make the call to cancel based on the strong chance that the weather will suck!    >:(    Unfortunately, I can't do this Sunday evening.

I regret I've had to cancel so many float flys this summer.   We do have one scheduled for two weeks from now (August 27), which I hope works out well for us, but I'd also consider supporting a float flying next Saturday evening (August 20th) as well, if there's enough interest.

Let me know what you think?  Shall we aim for next Saturday night at Frenchman's Bay?

Robert

Bigstik

Bigstik

battlestu

Quote from: piker on August 12, 2016, 01:25:26 PM

Let me know what you think?  Shall we aim for next Saturday night at Frenchman's Bay?

Robert

as luck would have it we have an invite to another float fly... i'll post the details
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Yes!  We WON'T be doing Frenchman's Bay on the 20th!  Something better has come up    ;D

piker

Hey Alan,

I haven't been in touch with David Tavares this year yet as our float flying schedule has been screwed over by my personal house building schedule.  I'm also not sure how eager people are to fly at that location.  It's a nice spot, for sure, but I'm wondering if people really enjoy flying there. 

Let me know... do you guys like flying at Tavares Pond?  If so, I'll try to arrange a float fly there for mid September.

I'm also concerned about Frenchman's Bay (have been for years).  It's getting very busy there now, and the girls have stolen our usual Saturday evening pit area for their SUP classes.

Michael

Quote from: piker on August 15, 2016, 10:43:20 AM
Yes!  We WON'T be doing Frenchman's Bay on the 20th!  Something better has come up    ;D

What?
Michael

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Bigstik

I like Tavares 'cos it's 'fairly close'. There was always a good turnout the couple of times I was there.
Bigstik