2015-55 TEMAC Tickler Winter Schedule 2015/16

Started by sihinch, October 04, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

This week a large number of members celebrated the life of Jack Higgins.  He was a driving force behind TEMAC, and a huge supporter of our hobby.  I want to honour Jack by keeping the TEMAC Tickler going in the way he would have liked.  So, you have a new (temporary?) author, but same idea!

Some photos of the recent antics from ROGO-field, and news of upcoming events.

Our first Pilots Meeting is on Wednesday 14th October, at Colonel Mustards pub.  It's located on Hwy 7 by 9th Line, on the South side of the road.  We have the basement room and will be served food from 6:30pm. The meeting will kick off at 7:30pm and usually goes to around 9:30pm.
http://colmustardspub.com/

The build classes start the following week, Wednesday 21st October, also at Colonel Mustards.  The first class will be a beginners class, led by Robert Pike & Frank Van Beurden, and will start to cover repair techniques.  On Wednesday 28th October, the advanced class will meet, and students can start building any kit or plans of their choice, supported by Frank, Robert and Michael.  All build classes start with a friendly dinner in the pub dining area, before students head to the basement to start creating aircraft!

And don't forget the skills challenge on Sunday 18th October.  As usual, there will be a number of events for fliers to compete in.  1st prize - bragging rights!  There will also be at least 1 event open to students who are still using a buddy box.  It's my favourite event of the year, and always generates much laughter.

Hope to see you all soon.

Sincerely,
Simon

sihinch

If you did not receive this Tickler by email, and would like to receive future Ticklers, please send your email address to me via Private Message on this forum, and I will add you to the list.

Sadly, we are having to start our email list from scratch - another type of scratch building!

Skyking

Thanks for the Tickler.
It is an important and useful Temac tradition.
See you on the 14th if not before.
Actually, I can.

Ashman001

Hi guys,

can you give me some info on what happens during a Pilots Meeting? Is this open to all TEMAC members or just veteran pilots?

Ash

octagon

Hi Ash. Pilots meetings are open to all members of Temac. They are a great way to keep in touch with everyone, and there is always an interesting presentation or something going on.
What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

Hi Ash,

Our pilot meetings typically follow this format:

1. Arrive and have dinner and informal chat at tables of 8 people
2. Brief club notices or news - 5 to 10 mins at most
3. Main presentation - something aircraft or RC related, sometimes float flying, reports of visits to aircraft museums, slide shows, build demonstrations, electrical wizardry etc
4. Show & Tell - people update the club on what they have been building, or repairing, or planning
5. Gossip & leave.

Believe me, they are a lot of fun - much more so than when you see it written down!  ;D

Michael

Michael

piker

Yes.  Great job, Simon.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming events!

Bobmic

Hey Simon,
Appreciate the effort on the Tickler and for driving all the events.

Bobby

ken c

Great job Simon! Thanks for carrying the flag - those were big shoes to fill!!!
Ken C

Oscar