2015-56 TEMAC Tickler, 1st Pilot Meeting

Started by sihinch, October 06, 2015, 04:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Details are confirmed - the 1st Pilot's meeting is on!

Colonel Mustards pub on Highway 7.  We have the basement function room from 6:30pm.  Food will be served downstairs, in our private room, so just come straight down.

After a great pub dinner, Michael will entertain and enlighten us with his expert knowledge of "flying nicely!"

Then, we'll have our usual "Show n Tell" but please also bring your problems & questions.  Inspired by a recent thread about battery lead length, the Board felt it might be helpful to use the gathered experience and knowledge to solve your problems.  A technical Q&A.

I'm afraid I can't be there in person this time, but I hope you all have a great time.

Best Regards
Simon

sihinch

I'm struggling with email to get the newsletter our.

I apologise if you have received multiple copies, and if you got no email.

Please bear with me whilst I get to grips with this.......

Frank v B

Simon

re: "ask the experts" from the Tickler

Where are you going to find one or two experts?? ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

The bar upstairs!  You can always find experts on any subject in a bar.  They become more expert with more beers, in my experience!  ;D

sihinch

Hey everyone, just found out we're going to be treated to a bonus presentation.

Rudie from Beeton is kindly going to visit us and tell us about their Sea Dart build!

Thanks Rudie!

dangaras

I've investigated the battery wire vs esc wire length in depth and quantitative analysis has served to debunk the myth.

sihinch

Quote from: dangaras on October 10, 2015, 07:57:59 PM
I've investigated the battery wire vs esc wire length in depth and quantitative analysis has served to debunk the myth.

And the answer is????

dangaras

Wingnutz

Simon! How could you possibly miss a meeting with a Sea Dart and battery/ESC  wire resolution focus? Thanks for setting this up...sounds like a great evening!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on October 06, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
Details are confirmed - the 1st Pilot's meeting is on!

Colonel Mustards pub on Highway 7.  We have the basement function room from 6:30pm.  Food will be served downstairs, in our private room, so just come straight down.

After a great pub dinner, Michael will entertain and enlighten us with his expert knowledge of "flying nicely!"

Then, we'll have our usual "Show n Tell" but please also bring your problems & questions.  Inspired by a recent thread about battery lead length, the Board felt it might be helpful to use the gathered experience and knowledge to solve your problems.  A technical Q&A.

I'm afraid I can't be there in person this time, but I hope you all have a great time.

Best Regards
Simon

For those unfamiliar with this location:

Colonel Mustard's
6545 Hwy 7 (east of Markham Rd, just west of Ninth Line)
Markham, ON L3P 3B4
(905) 294-4925

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/colonel+mustard+markham/@43.878013,-79.2408762,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xfe5dc651cd801e8c?hl=en-CA

BJROB

The Meeting was a success.
It was late in starting but worth it as we just had to see the Jays win. ;D
And when your with friends... that makes it greater...
I'm now in turmoil as both planes I was thinking to build were there and looked amassing.
The Classic lines of the Navigator or the speedy lines of Sea Dart.... :-\
There is one question that still hangs on my mind from the meeting that was not really cleared up
---->Does Frank have his wings??? or not???
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

battlestu

agreed it was a great meeting... Rudie thank you so much talking about the Sea Dart
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: BJROB on October 15, 2015, 05:33:53 AM
The Meeting was a success.
It was late in starting but worth it as we just had to see the Jays win. ;D
And when your with friends... that makes it greater...
I'm now in turmoil as both planes I was thinking to build were there and looked amassing.
The Classic lines of the Navigator or the speedy lines of Sea Dart.... :-\
There is one question that still hangs on my mind from the meeting that was not really cleared up
---->Does Frank have his wings??? or not???

Frank definitely has his wings, usually one in each hand.  I have lots of photos which attest to this.  ;D

Frank v B

re: "Frank definitely has his wings, usually one in each hand.  I have lots of photos which attest to this.  ;D"

Andy has a habit of photographically catching me walking out of the beans with airplanes that did not want to listen to me any more.

Frank

ps:  Rudy Nagelmakers was one of my first instructors when I was learning how to fly in about 1987.  Just for the record... I did solo... on my 8th flight...probably because no-one want to teach me any more. :D  They felt sorry for me.
"Never trade luck for skill"