Flight Instruction concludes for the 2012 season.

Started by thehaze, September 05, 2012, 10:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Well folks that's it.

Tonight was our final night of formal instruction for the season. I had a lot of fun. I'd like to thank the instruction team for their work this summer. We had some tremendous success and although I can't back this up with hard numbers I believe we had more new pilots at TEMAC this season than any other, or at least in recent memory.

I'd like to congratulate the students that earned their wings this summer and I hope they will continue to fly with us at the club and share in the hobby.

As stated previously, instruction will proceed on an informal basis for the next little while, on weekends only. It is the student's responsibility to arrange for flight instruction if they are thinking about heading to the field.

Please remember:

1. Try to arrange in advance of your visit. Don't just show up at the field and hope there is an instructor. Please remember that unless you have been given permission to fly solo, you may not fly. Do not let your eagerness to fly get in the way of safety and good judgement. The best way to find an instructor is this forum. Alternatively you can email me at  [email protected] (however I will be away until the 23rd of September and unable to check my email).

2. Instructors are volunteers. They dedicate many hours during the summer to working with students at the expensive of their own flying time. If an instructor is at the field, and hasn't expressed an interest in flying with students at that time. Then respect that.

Once again, thank you for flying with us and I look forward to seeing all of you at the field.

Mike Hazelton
TEMAC CFI

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.