FB Float Fly - Saturday May 14th *** FLOAT FLYING CANCELLED THIS WEEKEND

Started by piker, May 10, 2016, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

**** DUE TO POOR WEATHER CONDITIONS, FLOAT FLYING FOR MAY 14 & MAY 15 IS CANCELLED *****

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

We have our second float fly scheduled for this coming SATURDAY, May 14th at 5:00pm at Frenchman's Bay in Pickering.  I'll keep an eye on the weather and make my best guess as to whether we should delay the event to the next day, SUNDAY, May 15th in hopes of a better conditions.  I MAY post as late as Saturday at noon, so check here before you head out.

Here's where we fly.  If this site is in use (say by some girls on stand up paddle boards) we can try for a spot a little further along in the parking lot:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.8167966,-79.1146814/43.8122551,-79.0922028/@43.8120121,-79.0931427,289m/data=!3m1!1e3

Bring your planes, bring a chair, bring a jacket and be prepared for a great evening.  We arrive at 5:00 and get set-up in time for the winds to settle down into a beautiful evening by the Bay.  So far the forecast looks O.K., so come on out!  ;D

This time I have a new retrieval boat to try out!  My old trailer lid boat is on it's last legs, so I figured it was time for a boat that actually keeps the water out, and gives us a little better feeling of reliability.  This boat is still very small, but tough, so it can be used by anyone who wants to retrieve their plane.  I'll see about getting more speed out of it as well   ;D

I hope everyone can make it!

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Robert

Wingnutz

So...if our usual launch site is in use "(say by some girls on stand up paddle boards)" , why would we go somewhere else? ...especially if they're SUPin in bathing suits! ;D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Because they don't take men playing with toy airplane seriously anyway   :P

piker

So far the forecast for both Saturday AND Sunday looks a bit rough.  Cool temps, rain, and 30km winds.

I'll continue to watch for a change, but it may be worthwhile to postpone to the next weekend.  I'll let you know.

Check back here!

octagon

from the sound of the forecast, we can probably float fly at Temac! The animals are already walking in pairs, hoping to be picked!
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

I am unable to float fly this weekend.  I plan on attending the next float fly though.  I have received my new ESCs and will have them installed for the next event.

I hope the weather improves from what is forecast for this weekend.  Happy flying.

piker

O.K.  I waited until this morning to get the final word on the weather forecast for tonight.  Well, it hasn't changed.  The rain may stop, but the winds are expected to pick up significantly, so...

Float flying for tonight, Saturday, May 14th is CANCELLED!

Tomorrow doesn't look any better at this point, so I'm suggesting that we reschedule for next weekend.  I'll create another posting to that effect.

*** NO FLOAT FLYING THIS WEEKEND ***

Oscar

Wingnutz

Good call Rob...think next weekend is 2-4 weekend so Monday's an option too :D
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Yep!  It's a great day for.... ummm.... staying inside!   Ugh!