SOLD - Sopwith Camel ARF

Started by wollins, August 21, 2013, 11:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

It doesn't get any newer than this. Just now was the first time I've ever opened the box! (to take the pics for this ad)

Here's the description from the Great Planes ElectriFly website:
Britain's front-line fighter returns with the Sopwith Camel ARF from ElectriFly! It's equally at home at the flying field or at the park, with such features as a factory-applied MonoKote trim scheme, superior scale details, complete hardware, a painted pilot figure, molded machine gun reproductions and more!                 

• The Sopwith Camel's design means you spend less time building and more time flying! The historically accurate MonoKote trim scheme is factory-applied. Recessed cabanes align perfectly and add scale realism.
  • A top-mounted battery hatch allows easy installation and removal.

• Though compact enough to transport without disassembly, the Sopwith Camel includes enough realistic detail to please any WWI fighter enthusiast — including scale-shaped landing gear and lightweight scale wheels.
Built-up balsa structures are covered in high-quality MonoKote film and factory-applied decals. Superior scale details, a painted pilot figure and a complete hardware package help reduce assembly time to just 6-8 hours. Scale details include a painted pilot figure. Molded reproductions mimic the twin .303-caliber Vickers guns that made the Sopwith Camel a formidable fighter throughout WWI.

Specifications:
Wingspan: 35.5 in (900 mm), Wing Area: 389 in2 (25.1 dm2) Weight: 21.1 – 26.3 oz (595 – 745 g) Wing Loading: 7.8 – 9.7 oz/ft2 (24 – 30 g/dm2) Length: 25 in (630 mm) Requirements: 4-channel radio w/4 micro servos, RimFire 400 brushless motor, 25A brushless ESC (min.), 4-channel Tx Module, 10x4.5 prop, 11.1V 1500mAh LiPo battery, and Charger             

Retails for US $85 plus shipping or locally $100 (with tax) ... asking $80.

As usual PayPal, cash or EMT cheerfully accepted!

Thanks!

Colin
416 726 4482 or [email protected]
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Ededge2002

Found this thread on RC-Groups..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962756

I was taking a look and trying to resist buying the silly cute plane.  I struggled and so far think I have a perfect power system sitting collecting dust.  Please some one buy this plane quick!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

wollins

Yeah, methinks if it doesn't sell within the next week I might just keep it!  ;D

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

I should turn the tables on you and sell you my motor lol.  Good luck Colin it looks like a nice flyer
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

wollins

Retails for US $85 plus shipping or locally $100 (with tax) ... NOW asking $70.
|
|
|

wollins

|
|
|