Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - Sunday August 11!!!

Started by piker, August 06, 2013, 03:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

That's right!  We had so much fun last Saturday that everyone wants to go float flying again!  But hopefully with a little less wind this time.

Long term forecast is for sunny skies and no rain, so let's get a great group of float flyers out for some hydrodynamic and aerodynamic
synchronicity!  Wait!  Don't forget about the sand, and surf, and general vacation like environment.  Bring a chair, a jacket (it cools down as the sun sets), some planes, even a cold drink, and join us for a great evening at the Bay.

I'll aim to be there for 5:00pm with the recovery boat, and I'll stay until after dark so we can get some use out of those nav. lights.

Here's the map:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Whites+Rd%2FRegional+Rd+38&daddr=Beachpoint+Promenade&hl=en&sll=43.811421,-79.092459&sspn=0.002648,0.005198&geocode=FbOWnAIdo85I-w%3BFa2FnAIdRCZJ-w&t=h&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=18&z=15

Can't wait!  See you there!

Robert

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

sihinch

Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend  :'(

Hope you all have a great time, again.  Send photos!  :)

bfeist

I'm not sure I can make it either. Will definitely try.

piker

Sunday evening is also an option if that works better for everyone.  Should we head down after the TEMAC fun fly and Nooner race on Sunday????

sihinch

bfeist

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

O.K., it seems Sunday evening is better for several people, so that sounds good to me, so it's official!

Frenchman's Bay Float Fly changed to Sunday evening, August 11 from 5:00 til we run out of energy (after dark I hope so we can use those lights).

The forecast is for light winds on Sunday, so we SHOULD get a nice calm evening for some excellent float flying.  I hope everyone can make it... I'm SO excited!!!!

See map above and I'll see you there!

Robert

piker

Ooooo.... I'm getting excited about float flying on Sunday.  If the weather holds, we'll have a beautiful evening of flying from water.  If it's as calm as they predict, we may be able to have the float fly on the lake side.  In that case, we'd have a huge expanse of calm water to fly from with unlimited approaches and soft sand for beaching (the planes and our butts).

Who's bringin' the Margareta's?

Even if we stay on the bay side, it'll still be a beautiful evening for float flying!

I hope to see a bunch of you there!

Robert

battlestu

prepping the Eagle for it's second water flight :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Ededge2002

Quote from: battlestu on August 09, 2013, 02:51:36 PM
prepping the Eagle for it's second water flight :)

When you land it do you exclaim "the eagle has landed" ?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

i might just do that ...let's hope i never have to call "Houston we have a problem"

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

I'll bring my nooner!!!!

One flight only. Get your cameras ready!

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.