Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - Saturday, October 5th!

Started by piker, October 01, 2013, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Hey guys!

I'm hoping we can have a get together at Frenchman's Bay for some sweet float flying this Saturday.  The weather doesn't look great at this point, but I'm pretty sure it'll change before the weekend.

I'll plan to be there for 4:00pm on Saturday with hopes that the winds settle down in the later part of the day and we end up enjoying some great float flying.  I hope you can make it.

Remember to bring a chair, some warm layers, and a seaplane or two... or three.

Here's the location:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Whites+Rd%2FRegional+Rd+38&daddr=Beachpoint+Promenade&hl=en&sll=43.811421,-79.092459&sspn=0.002648,0.005198&geocode=FbOWnAIdo85I-w%3BFa2FnAIdRCZJ-w&t=h&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=18&z=15

Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise, I'll see you at the beach!

Robert

Wingnutz

Good thing about a poor long range forecast, it will probably change...often for the better...like Saturday coming. If it looks like it'll be flyable I'll be there. If it looks like go to Tim's and drink coffee weather I'll be there to talk flying.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

piker

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

Yah.  That's what it says... Saturday the 5th   ;D

Thanks Jack.

Wingnutz

Got an invite to watch the Leafs home opener  at the ACC Saturday so will have to miss the Oct 5 Float Fly. On another topic, grabbed a Flyzone Beaver and am having trouble getting the ESC/motor to beep properly for three cell operation. Rx light is steady and motor/control surface responses are normal but no reassuring beep- beep- beep when I connect the three cell pack...should I be concerned?

Papa

Check to make sure your throttle is not reversed!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

See my other post... you asked the same question twice!    :)

Oh, and I guess we WON'T see you on Saturday.  Oh well.  Go Leafs Go!

eric

If the weather cooperates I plan to be out Saturday. I've missed a lot of flying with the club this year, so I'm hoping its a go.

Eric

Wingnutz

Will miss the Sat Float Fly but Float Flew today at Port Perry with the Scugog Float Flyers...water like glass, warm, sunny...epic day. Eat your heart out all you nine to fivers!

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Very nice, Bill.

See, that is what float flying is all about.  Days like that (sunny and calm) are rare, and you're lucky to have been able to catch one at the lake. 

Robert

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on October 03, 2013, 09:44:53 PM
Will miss the Sat Float Fly but Float Flew today at Port Perry with the Scugog Float Flyers...water like glass, warm, sunny...epic day. Eat your heart out all you nine to fivers!

Wow! Fabulous formation flying in photo #0662! 

That is a truly rare image and I think you should submit that to MAAC.  It shows just how calm the conditions were.  I love it!!  Definitely motivational for my E-Flite Beaver repair and float mod project this winter.

Bravo Bill !!

Andy

imran13

Great shots! I won't be there tomorrow either :(

Bill, does the Seawind belong to you? I've had my eye on it for a while, maybe next year ;D

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

piker

Oh well, I'm callin' a no go for the float flying tomorrow evening.  The forecast is for horrible weather with 90% chance of rain and 20km winds into the evening.

Let's aim for next weekend as the long term forcast looks pretty good at this point.

This weekend is a good weekend for building   ;D

Robert