Frenchman's Bay Float Fly - Saturday, October 5th!

Started by piker, October 01, 2013, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

Sheesh!  Last night at 10:00pm the weather forecast was for 90% chance of rain for this evening.  This morning at 10:00am the forecast is for 30% chance of rain this evening! 

Anyway, the weather is unsettled and, as of this minute, they are calling for 20km winds tonight, so I stand by my cancellation   ;D

Knowing my luck, this year, I bet it'll calm down to a beautiful evening for flying...  Oh well, Leafs game tonight.

Robert

eric

I was looking forward to tonight, but the weather does look iffy. In fact, its starting to drizzle as I type this. There's still a few months before the water starts to stiffen up, so we still have lots of time for some splashing about.

It'll be great weather next Saturday.The Leafs will be in last place and statistically out of the playoffs by then, so we won't be missing anything on that front!

Eric 

piker

I just stopped by Frenchman's Bay on the way back from the Pickering dump, and it's quite nice there right now   :(

The water is low so there are a lot of seaweed showing, but the winds are gentle and there's no rain yet.  Oh well,  we'll just plan for next weekend.

Robert

Papa

What did the lake side water look like, calm? The weather looked very calm here in West Hill.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

The lake side was rough.  It wasn't calm on the bay side, but it was reasonable at 12:30pm.  At 5:00, at home, it was a little windy.  Still, not what they forecasted.

Wingnutz

Quote from: eric on October 05, 2013, 11:02:30 AM
I was looking forward to tonight, but the weather does look iffy. In fact, its starting to drizzle as I type this. There's still a few months before the water starts to stiffen up, so we still have lots of time for some splashing about.

It'll be great weather next Saturday.The Leafs will be in last place and statistically out of the playoffs by then, so we won't be missing anything on that front!

Eric
I hope you're right about the weather for next weekend! Re your Maple Leaf realism...the home opener was a spectacular one and right now, the Leafs are undefeated!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

imran13

GO LEAFS! What was it like watching Raymond's epic shoot out goal eh?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

eric

Yeah, that was a great game - loved it! You realize I was only kidding with my comments about the Maple Laughs, I mean Maple Leafs.

I've been following the Leafs for a long, long, long, time. Its so great to see them finally turning into a hockey team after so many years of being just a revenue generating tool for share holders. After all, the last time they won the Stanley Cup I was a teenager and I'm collecting Old Age Security now. Think we're overdue for a winner?

The long range forecast for next Saturday looks good, let's hope it holds so we can get in some float flying.

Eric

piker

I like your enthusiasm, Eric.  I'll make a post for this Saturday, later today... after my time crunch here at work... UGH!