Everything Must Go - Retiring from RC Flying

Started by Athol, June 16, 2023, 07:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athol

This is an update to this post.
I have decided to retire from RC flying and everything I have must go. I have a list of items in PDF format - about 80 line items and multiples in most cases.
I have had no success in selling as a "Job Lot" so each item will be sold individually. Everything must go!
The planes that I have except for the Ugly Stick and Little Stick are ready to fly (just bind to Tx, install battery and go). I have some batteries that I will include but cannot vouch for their integrity.
I will also be including various connectors and "bits and pieces" like control horns, etc. Also, I'll include a couple of Dual Port LiPo Chargers.
All offers will be entertained.
The planes included are
Tower Hobbies Edge 540 ARF w/Electronis - BNIB
Dynam T-28 Plug & Play - BNIB
RCM UltraSport RTF - Used
CarbonZ Splendor F3A RTF - Used
2 x WarWing Delta RTF - Used
Ugly Stick To be completed (with Servos) Wings are Foam Core but need to be sheeted.
Little Stick To be completed (with Servos) Wings are Foam Core but need to be sheeted.
Flex Innovations Extra 300 with Aura 8 RTF - Used
Skynetics Yak 54 RTF - Used

Please PM me if you're interested.

sihinch

Hey Athol,

Sorry to hear you are retiring from RC. Are you keeping some planes for if the mood takes you??

And may I clarify please - are you only interested in selling as a job lot? All together?

Thanks
Simon

Athol

Hi Simon,

Thanks  :) I've been flying since 1974 (Cape Town) and although I got my RPAS Basic when you did (way back) the toxic environment that exists has put me off and in any case the time has come.

My preference is all - hence my comment "Great Group Buy". I know that this may take a bot more time, but the value as a "job lot" is less of a hassle for me.

By the way, we had a great time in the UK  :D :D

bfeist

That's sad news that the recent TC stuff has soured the hobby for you. If it's any consolation, after being away from the hobby for a couple of years, I have begun to return to the hobby this summer. I started out being unsure of what the new protocols might be and was unclear about how much more difficult would be to enjoy this simple hobby. After visiting TEMAC a couple of times, I'm happy to report that there's next to no difference from what it was before and is just as fun as it always was. In hindsight, it's clear to that the online chatter about the new TC rules is overblown.

The people at TEMAC are what it's all about. It's been so great to get out to the field to enjoy the club like old times and see old friends. I hope you can find a way to put the (unwarranted) drama aside and continue to come out to say hello (and bring a plane or two to fly).

Ben

Georgetsigaridis

I am sorry to read this Athol. You will be missed.

Your friend
George