FPV at TEMAC

Started by Crazyflyer, March 18, 2018, 06:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

No. I'm not proposing we have frequency signs on the pilot stations.

Just a station number. 1-5.

And then each station will correspond to a frequency group which is shown on the central location.

We don't want people changing their frequencies at the pilots station. They shouldn't need a frequency chart at the station.

Crazyflyer

Hi Simon, that is exactly what I meant. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Stephan

sihinch

Awesome! It sounds like a plan!

Thanks again Stephan and Peter.  :D

ppalumbo

Perfect, one frequency sign coming up.  Simon you may want to consider using station letters (A,B,C, etc.) to coincide with the frequency groups.  it would suck if someone at pilot station 5 mistook it for frequency group A.... unless of course it actually was... you know what I mean.  Again happen to make those as well if you like.

sihinch

Hi Peter,

That's a wonderful idea! Station letters! I agree.

If you really don't mind making them, then yes please. We're you thinking something about 6 to 8 inches high for the station signs?

Thank you!

ppalumbo

Happy to, something between 6-8 inches should work fine.  I'll also colour code them to correspond to the frequency chart.  Near sighted folks like myself that remove our glasses for FPVing may have a hard time to pick out the letter on it's own from a distance so colour will help close any gaps.

ppalumbo

Frequency board is up, will have pilot station signs for next week.

Ededge2002

Quote from: ppalumbo on March 25, 2018, 08:02:53 PM
Frequency board is up, will have pilot station signs for next week.

Looks like frank will have some company around the frequency board LOL!

Dont you guys know that FPV guys have no perspective?   They obviously cant fly as they need to be in the plane to do it HAHAHAHAHA
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Thanks so much Peter.  :)

Get lost Ed!  ;D

Andy Hoffer

FPV Board in all its glory!  Way to go Peter.  Can't wait to see it in action!

Andy

ppalumbo

Pilot station signs to correspond to the frequency groups have been completed.  "F" group sign is in the plastic mailbox by the parking fence.

Frank v B

So now I have to learn the alphabet.  On the road to higher learning.  Good thing the word "higher" is a relative term. ;D

Frank

ps: it looks really neat and clean.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi @Frank v B ,

Don't worry.  I will sing you the alphabet song and everything will be just fine!  After a few run throughs we can sing it together, and then you can make it your own.   I know you can do it!!!   You might even want to entertain the gang by dong it in Dutch at the next Pilots Meeting!!  :D

Cheers!

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Hi @ppalumbo,

Great job Peter!!

Looks like we need to add some spotlights on Stations D and E.  It's kind of dark out there!

Now the big question: where is Station "F"?!!!  :D

Andy

Crazyflyer

So for people who wonder why we love FPV so much. Here are a couple of videos that will explain what we are looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23oBS6hcWmI&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bgktfkBgAs

Please note that these videos are from a gopro not from the FPV camera. The FPV camera isn't as nice and generally more shaky.