Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Nice day today.  Field might be too soggy? 

sihinch

Gregor77

It's ok at the house. Maybe 15 k but steady.

pmackenzie

It is supposed to calm down a lot a bit later, after 5PM

http://www.intellicast.com/national/wind/windcast.aspx?location=USNY1232

Of course that might just be because it will start to rain  ;D

Pat MacKenzie

Gregor77

Well, it looked to be a good turn out yesterday late in the afternoon.   Jeff, Ivan, Pat, Andy, Thomas, Francis and more were there.  I had a chance to see some planes zip around.  I can back later and Maidened the Roy Brown Camel.   It flew well except for needing more right rudder.  After a 5-6 min flight I used up 1600 mah out of a 4,000 pack battery.  So I should be good for about 10 mins with a normal flight.  I did have some concerns with C/G with some other models of this type, but it seemed fine.  So time to give the other planes a bit of a balast diet. :-\

thehaze

How bad is the mud? After all the rain we've been getting I figured the filed would be underwater.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Gregor77

Field is not bad, parking is still the gravel.   But lots of people looks to have driven around the gravel and there are some dangerous sized tire marks to watch out for.   It could suck you in!  Please make sure not to drive past the posted barrier.  It is very soft there and you will damage the parking area. 

pmackenzie

Quote from: Gregor77 on April 15, 2013, 08:27:02 AM
Well, it looked to be a good turn out yesterday late in the afternoon.   Jeff, Ivan, Pat, Andy, Thomas, Francis and more were there.  I had a chance to see some planes zip around.  I can back later and Maidened the Roy Brown Camel.   It flew well except for needing more right rudder.  After a 5-6 min flight I used up 1600 mah out of a 4,000 pack battery.  So I should be good for about 10 mins with a normal flight.  I did have some concerns with C/G with some other models of this type, but it seemed fine.  So time to give the other planes a bit of a balast diet. :-\

I was thinking about this. After the flight it looked like it had both right rudder and right aileron, but was still looking like it wanted to pull left?
Perhaps it needs more right and down thrust?
Seeing what happened with the power off would help tell, but it didn't look like you wanted to test that part of the flight envelope just yet. ;)

Nice model, should be a lot of fun once you have it sorted out.

Pat MacKenzie

Gregor77

Thanks Pat. It was nice to see you guys out.

Michael

This Saturday April 20: current forecast: 2 degrees high with 35km winds. Perfect for drying the field.

This Sunday April 21: current forecast mid-day: 6 degrees, 5km north wind. Perfect for flying.

Michael

sihinch

Hmmm, Sunday is my wedding anniversary. Les will let me fly, right?

thehaze

Quote from: sihinch on April 18, 2013, 09:45:48 PM
Hmmm, Sunday is my wedding anniversary. Les will let me fly, right?

You might need to drug her first...
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Just be real good saturday night! ;)

bahahahaha

If you cant make it I will try to have some fun for you but im not making any promises
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

Hmmm... I may be ready to test fly my Nooner, but that still sounds kinda cold for us fair weather flyers.

Ededge2002

Cold chickens

I love you tube.  Because a video is worth 1,000,000 words!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?