Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Quote from: piker on January 26, 2014, 11:52:30 AM
Well, I was right, wasn't I.  After only twelve minutes of flying you were very cool.

As a Cucumber!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on January 26, 2014, 12:08:55 PM
Quote from: piker on January 26, 2014, 11:52:30 AM
Well, I was right, wasn't I.  After only twelve minutes of flying you were very cool.

As a Cucumber!

Well, since this is a family show I am not going to touch your cucumber!  But I will tell you that I too was out today, at TEMAC, from 1:30 to 3:00, including the walk in from the highway (unfortunately no trailblazing by Thomas Kwak) and it was fantastic flying.  Moderate winds straight from the south, beautiful snow cover (all holes filled in),and only light snow at the time.  You whitewater float flyers would have been in heaven.  The toughest part was the white sky, which moved in around noon.  Lots of layers is all you need!  No bugs!  No sunblock!  YES!!!

Andy "The Ice Man" Hoffer

Papa

I think his Cucumber is a Dill(y)!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Papa on January 26, 2014, 07:01:46 PM
I think his Cucumber is a Dill(y)!

Jack.

I wonder what Claire and Conrad will think of Papa when they see this!!

Andy

Ededge2002

How you two can take my innocent cucumber in ice photo and make it something more I find...... 

I think you've been hanging around with ME too much!

piker

piker

I'm seriously thinking about flying on Saturday afternoon if the weather forecast holds.  It would be nice to have some company.  When do the regulars head out to ROGO?

sihinch

I was planning to attempt Sunday flying.  Even though it'll be colder than Sat it looks like less chance of snowfall.

Ededge2002

I'm sure Andy will chime in but it would be nice to get out this weekend. I spotted him out the other night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrKtzGxNxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Andy Hoffer

"Ding, dong! Ding, dong! Ding, dong!"  (Andy chiming in here!)

As it stands now I'm aiming for Sunday.  Saturday forecast is calling for 10-15 cm of snow at Buttonville, so driving will not be fun, and parking onthe shoulder of Stouffville Road carries a risk of getting ploughed in when the highway ploughs go by.  Sunday forecast is gorgeous:  high -4C, wind chill -10C,  wind W at 20 kmh, variable cloud (much better than a white overcast sky).  Hopefully the ploughs will clear the shoulder as they have been so we have a good place to park.  And the fresh snow should make for fantastic white water flying!! And maybe Rob could rig up his camper top with a big fan as a "swamp buggy" recovery boat to rescue float flyers from the back 40!  :D.

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on January 30, 2014, 09:43:38 AM
I'm sure Andy will chime in but it would be nice to get out this weekend. I spotted him out the other night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrKtzGxNxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can't wait to watch this when I get home!!

Andy

sihinch

Yeah!  I made it out today, to do my first winter flying of the off-season!  Madness.

Hoping to maiden the Vixen, Slipstream and Hadron tomorrow.  Anyone coming to help?  :)

Oh, I also met Ed's imaginary friend "Dave"!  ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on February 01, 2014, 03:57:44 PM
Yeah!  I made it out today, to do my first winter flying of the off-season!  Madness.

Hoping to maiden the Vixen, Slipstream and Hadron tomorrow.  Anyone coming to help?  :)

Oh, I also met Ed's imaginary friend "Dave"!  ;D

It would be a pleasure.  I hope to be there after lunch. 

I expect we will have to walk in from the highway.  Expected snow accumulation is 15 cm, plus the stuff we got last week, so driving in is not a likely option.  We'll see what the brave SUV drivers, if any, are able to do!

Bring a snowbrush to clear off your assembly table! :D

Andy

sihinch

Sat & Sun both look promising weather wise.......   :)

Andy Hoffer

Good weather for sure.  Excellent opportunity for crosswind practice - winds SW 25-30 kmh both days!!  And rock hard on Sunday!!   ;D