Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Ed was last seen trying on his hip waders and dragging something along the driveway that looked a lot like Rob's recovery boat.

Gregor77

Andy Hoffer

Anyone been past the field in the last couple of days?  Any snow left?  Water depth?

Tx

Andy

piker

I'm wondering the same.  The forecast for Sunday is lookin' pretty good.

battlestu

Quote from: piker on April 03, 2014, 01:05:37 PM
I'm wondering the same.  The forecast for Sunday is lookin' pretty good.

just got this in my inbox.....

Significant rainfall expected in Toronto & GTA, Environment Canada says                         Environment Canada has released a special weather statement saying significant rainfall is expected in Toronto and the GTA tonight and tomorrow.

General rainfall amounts of between 15 and 25 millimetres are expected. Many regions will get freezing rain.

If weather Canada is right  ::) looks like we are still walking in boys
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

I would suggest that walking in is a given, for the next week or more...

But I'm wondering if that horrible white stuff is gone yet.

battlestu

it's not all gone but getting there.... expecting the rain to wash away most of it (and flood the parking lot)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

I hope we can use the field soon but if you do go (anyone) please respect the fact that all our members will want to use the drive and parking area this year. No silly damage, please!?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on April 03, 2014, 10:29:56 PM
I hope we can use the field soon but if you do go (anyone) please respect the fact that all our members will want to use the drive and parking area this year. No silly damage, please!?

I agree with Simon.  I would strongly recommend staying off the driveway and parking lot until the ground firms up. 

Any thoughts from others on this?

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: battlestu on April 03, 2014, 08:14:03 PM
it's not all gone but getting there.... expecting the rain to wash away most of it (and flood the parking lot)

Still looks like ski country!!  :D

Slushballs Hoffer

Ededge2002

I agree with Simon.  I would strongly recommend staying off the driveway and parking lot until the ground firms up. 

Any thoughts from others on this?

Andy

I agree with the above.  I too am anxious to get out there and fly but making a mess of the driveway/parking area will push all the new gravel down.  Lets not have the previous steps we have made wasted.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

Quote from: sihinch on April 03, 2014, 10:29:56 PM

I would think this could go without saying, but that has been proven wrong in the past  ;D

I'm happy to park on the road, walk in while avoiding the really soft spots, and treading carefully in the pits and especially on the field.

Looking at the photos that Greg posted, it looks like the snow in the pits is taking longer to melt than the landing area.  Probably 'cause Snoballs has been packing it down all winter!   :P

Ededge2002

So .... what time is party time tomorrow?  Is been such a long winter I think I will fly in my Bikini
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

I'm aiming for 1:00pm. 

Travel light.  Expect to walk in and expect some ice, snow and very soft and wet grass.  I was there this afternoon to check it out and the landing area still had patchy snow and was quite wet.

Oh, and the drainage ditch was working beautifully.

See ya tomorrow!

sihinch

What an awesome day at the field. T-shirt weather! And thanks to everyone for parking considerately.

It was great to catch up with a few people that I hadn't seen since last year. And also to see some new models. And I think we saw out first ever towed glider launch (which I captured on video - post later.)

My repaired, re-motored Nooner flew awesome and seemed very quick, but I managed to brain-fart with my hadron and nose in from inverted.

Now I remember what it's like to hang-out and chill at the field. It's just so fab!