Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

I am going to head to the field tonight?  Anyone coming?   Looks OK right now...  May grab something special... lol!

Gregor77

Well flying on the 15th was lots of fun!  It was like a mini fun fly!  Lots of great planes flying around.  Ken had an amazing Bronco, Michael with his large moth and larger Cessna?  All the boys were out, we had a flight with some Windrider Hurricanes and a HK Spitfire from Bill.  The pylon racing with the pogo and other planes was crazy cool!  Some real good landings on the run way and some not so good. 

I somehow had managed to twist one of the landing gears on the TF 115 Corsair on take off...  It flew great and is so nice to see in the air.   The landing was a bit tricky as the one wheel was sideways.    Well "crunch" as it landed it made a spectacular scene as the battery ejected from the sudden stop and had all the plane guts all over the runway.  It looked way worse than it was.   Collecting all the bits, It ended up about a 1 hr repair and I felt better afterwards, just lacking a cold beer to celebrate.  The cowl only broke two attachment points and the retracts only lost one link.   I ended up finding it in the landing gear bay.  After some quick surgery and re-alignment, it was all back to get there an ready for another flight.  These old TF kits are heavy, but very tuff.

It was a great day!  Looking forward to more in the summer!  What a great club!

Oscar

I had a great time on Sunday. I brought the Albatros and T28 out for maiden. Thank you Greg and Greg C in trimming the planes. Both planes are maiden and landed successfully.

I met a lot of new club members that afternoon. Not to mention, lots of different types of planes.

sihinch

Anyone planning to go tonight, Friday 11th July?  8)

I could be tempted......

It's either fly or build.

piker

Your sense of freedom is overwhelming you!  You can't even wait until tomorrow morning   ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on July 11, 2014, 09:09:39 AM
Anyone planning to go tonight, Friday 11th July?  8)

I could be tempted......

It's either fly or build.

Just go Simon!  You can build on Sunday when it's raining.  The worst that can happen is that you have the Loo all to yourself!

Andy

thehaze

What an exciting day at the field today!!

Burning ESC's, Nosediving gliders, a mid-air collision, a stryker ejecting it's battery in a flat spin, and some pretty decent flying in the summer sun.

I hope the boys over at Tavares pond had as much fun as well!
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

I had a great time today. Such an awesome club and wonderful friends. Thanks everyone!

Here's my second flight of the big 1/4 Cub I bought from Michael. Flies like a dream!

http://youtu.be/7Iu6uMia1Js

battlestu

yep had a great time today.... and thank goodness i spent the five mins to install a BEC on new plane :)

I'll add pictures later .... now back to saving the world on byte at a time
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

battlestu

as promised here are the pictures....mmm toasty

Michael

Nice flying, Simon.

I love the sound of that plane as it flies through the air, and the sound of the prop.

Big planes are fun, and unexpectedly elegant in the way they fly.

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: thehaze on July 12, 2014, 09:39:56 PM
What an exciting day at the field today!!

Burning ESC's, Nosediving gliders, a mid-air collision, a stryker ejecting it's battery in a flat spin, and some pretty decent flying in the summer sun.

I hope the boys over at Tavares pond had as much fun as well!

Is that Thomas and Mini-Me (err Mini Mike) in the beans??  ;D

(Nice photo Greg!!)

Gregor77

Monday was a fun day too!  Nice and easy flying for all of us!

Thanks Andy for the shots!

battlestu

Gregor77

Forecast appears to be pretty good today.  After a fantastic night of training, anyone want to hit the field and fly something fun?  I am going to grab my Great Planes SUPER steerman and maybe the Kyosho Spitefire.