Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Awesome, Andy!  I'm glad to hear the Pitts is performing well.  Congratulations!

Andy Hoffer

Thanks guys.  It really is a sublime feeling.  ARF's are nice, and give a quick fix for one's flying addiction, but there is really nothing quite as satisfying as seeing a scratch-built project take flight.  It's been a long journey, and I've been blessed with some wonderful generous help and encouragement along the way!

Cheers!

Andy

Gregor77

Gregor77

Wingnutz

Well done Andy! Successful re-maidens after a catastrophic crash are arguably more satisfying than the original maiden flight. Congratulations to you, the Pitts and coach Cadez.
BTW Greg, what the heck are you doing up in the middle of the night anyway?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Gregor77

I was waiting for the videos to upload. Lol.

Andy Hoffer

Thanks so much Greg. These are great!  I can feel the adrenaline and my knees knocking all over again!!! ;D

Andy

Frank v B

Great going Andy.  I second Mr. Nutz's comments on the satisfaction of re-maidening a re-built airplane.  A huge side benefit of crashing a lot....... and then they ask you to teach the repair class.   :D
On both take-offs it reminded me that bipes are always so pitch sensitive and we forget to dial back the elevator when we switch from regular planes.  I did it wrong every time I flew my Skywriter.

The bigger question:
At 5:19 am, Mr. Nutz writes .  "BTW Greg, what the heck are you doing up in the middle of the night anyway?" Who is calling the kettle back.  The more important question for both is whether the times indicate a late night or an early morning. ;D  For Greg it was probably the early morning burp shift.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

Greg & Andy, wonderful work you guys!
Passion and camaraderie at its best.  Beauty & the Beast are tamed.

A very sincere and touching comment at the end of the 1st flight. :'(
So nice!

Graham

Gregor77

I was the one honking at you graham. What were you doing in the grass at the field?  I think it was watered enough. Lol. Happy holidays.

Ededge2002

Nice job Andy and a VERY nice looking model too!!  The pitts is an old time favorite of mine and yours looks very well done.

My only question if what were you doing with Franks radio?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

Ed,

Great to "hear" from you. 
Andy used my radio because he was having problems with his super-regen single channel Galloping Ghost radio set. 8)

Frank

ps: you need to come and visit us this coming year.  We may have to take up a collection and get you gas money for your ride.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on December 27, 2015, 10:40:03 AM
Nice job Andy and a VERY nice looking model too!!  The pitts is an old time favorite of mine and yours looks very well done.

My only question if what were you doing with Franks radio?

Thanks so much Ed.  Here are a couple of detail photos which show it a bit better. 

As for Frank's radio, I like to emulate him because he has so much style, especially when he is walking in from the beans, and we all end up there sooner or later.  It also provides a convenient mast for a local, on the ground wind flag!!  ;D

Hope we have the pleasure of your esteemed company at TEMAC field soon.

Andy

piker

The plane looks wonderful!   But that registration seems a bit suspicious...