2015 Flight Instruction

Started by sihinch, April 29, 2015, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

I will make a call around 3 or 4pm. In addition to the weather situation a number of Instructors have a conflict tonight. There is no point in anyone traveling up if the weather is no good.

Please watch this space......

sihinch

The forecast remains for high winds, and gusts up to 30 knots.  It wont be fun flying tonight, but Frank said he is going to go to the field and see if anyone attends.

Please do not get your hopes up to fly tonight - it will likely be too windy. But we will attempt to provide instruction if possible.

Frank v B

You missed a great evening!!!!!

I got to the field at 3:30 pm and flew my brains out.

At 4:30 set up my new 70" span Champ-like plane from the Cadez collection.  Just then Cadez showed up with his 1/5th scale offspring and witnessed the maiden (two circuits) and the 2nd flight (aileron throws adjusted).  He took some video.

Then Norm came (3 flights) Ed came (3 flights), a new junior flyer with his tiny Carbon Cub (2 flights), then Sam (Corsair 1 flight), a new potential member (Dave and his father Mike, bought an Apprentice but did not bring it), and helped Mike fly his RedEagle, and BJ showed up with his Mentor (1 flight).

Thanks to Graham for prepping planes (binding them) and keeping the talk going while they were awaiting their turns.

The students had no problem with the winds.  It made them better pilots for the challenge.

The winds were shifty, very flyable, we had all of 6 drops of rain after the first student arrived and we ended dry and a rainbow in the south sky when we left.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

Thank you so much Frank!!

After the threatening weather blew threw and reading hour finished, you did your wonderful magic.

Cheers,
Graham

BJROB

Yes..... it was an awesome night to fly...
I got there at 6:30 there was no wind just clouds
So when I left at 8:45 :( 
Some one left LiPo bag and a battery. ;D
So come talk to me....
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

sihinch

Yes, thank you so much Frank!

fasteddie

Thanks Frank for being there.

BJ That was my Bag and Battery, Thank you for locating it. Can you bring it next Wedenesday

Ed
Aera et terram imperare

BJROB

Should not be a problem for next Wednesday.
See you then
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

thehaze

It's Wednesday !!!!

Conditions look good. Let's go flying. Charge your batteries and I'll see you tonight!

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

thehaze

Another great night at the field. While not every model made it back home  looking the same as it did when it left, lots of fun was had by all!

See you next week.

thehaze

Another "watch the skies"  day for training today. The forecast calls for thunder storms on and off throughout the day..

Let's hope this front moves through before 6pm. Stay posted

Papa

It looks like it will blow through by 2:00pm.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Papa

I'm going, Frank's going. 

Going, Going, Gone!

That's a pointer at "Fearless Founder"

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Michael

Rain or shine, I might be there.  ;D
Michael

eric

I'll be there flogging Frank's Fling. If there's nothing posted by 7:00PM I'll head out. What a weird day weather wise!

Eric