Donation- TEMAC Club Apprentice

Started by Frank v B, December 02, 2015, 11:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

This is to let the membership know that Malcolm Cullen has donated the broken Apprentice I used as a demonstration piece in the build/repair classes to the Club.  I will make sure it flies and bring it to every instruction night I attend next summer so newbies/potential members and onlookers can have a go at the sticks.  We used to borrow students' Apprentices to give potential members a flight.  This way we do not have to beg and borrow any more.

Thank you Malcolm.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Yes, thank you Malcolm. Very generous of you.

BJROB

Great idea
Thanks Malcolm for donating a plane and
its what mostly every one is flying on Wednesday
so they can fit right in....
Great idea

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

bweaver

That's great Malcolm. Very generous.  It will be much appreciated by many people as an introduction to the hobby.

Did Frank have anything to do with getting it into the condition requiring repair?  I hear Frank with his experience is good at retaining the resulting crash debris in big pieces. :o

thehaze

What a nice gesture!

Thanks Malcolm.

Frank, I'm thinking we should ensure that the name of the pilot is put on the frame outside the pilot's door. As the official greeter plane, I would think that "Jack" sounds about right.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"Did Frank have anything to do with getting it into the condition requiring repair?"

I know nothing!*  I wasn't even there when the earth grabbed this plane from the freedom of flight.  The temporary gravity increase victimized another instructor. :D

Frank

* other phrases that come to mind after helping raise 4 kids:
"I didn't do it"
"it was not my fault"
"who , me?"
"no way"
"it was someone else's fault"
"you're always picking on me!"
"I'm telling Mom"
:D
"Never trade luck for skill"