Wednesday Flight Instruction June 5th (NO GO See latest reply and forecast)

Started by bweaver, June 04, 2019, 09:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

The forecast is not promising. 

Positive thoughts are necessary.

I will make a determination as to 'go' or 'no go' tomorrow, once we have a weather update.  ???

sihinch

bweaver

Quote from: sihinch on June 04, 2019, 11:05:59 AM
I'm thinking....

I hope you are thinking it is a positive charge, because there will be less of it.

sihinch

Sorry, it's my bad communication skills, Bruce.

What I meant to say is....

"I am thinking positively about the weather, because I don't want to see lightning."

But who knew lightning could be both positive and negative!?

msatin

You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

I will be there unless it is pouring buckets.  If it is just spitting I will be at Tim's Woodbine. :) ;)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

With the forecast predicting 80% to 90% chance of thunder storm and rain from 1 - 3mm during our scheduled 6 - dusk training period I am cancelling this evenings flight training session. 

I wish for everyone to avoid both positive and negatively charged lightning and  wish for you to remain dry. 

(Continue to follow the Forum for notification of other training times being offered by our instructors.)

Georgetsigaridis

Too bad about the weather. Will keep an eye on the forum for possible alternate days.

Gerald Danen

I will go home and nap/prepare for the Raptor 🏀 game.  Planes will however remain in the vehicle in anticipation of sunnier days/evenings with no wind.
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

davidk

Rats.  Which Tim's Frank?  Woodbine and 16th?

<--- Hey... look... I'm official.  Thanks Andy.

zhurui45

question, if a lightning strike on my airplane will it charge my battery? 

davidk

Yes, but only your battery will be left.  Your plane will be the smoking spot on the horizon. :D

bweaver

Re: Rats.  Which Tim's Frank?  Woodbine and 16th?

Generally it is the Woodbine and Stouffville Road Tims... Are you going to go and keep him company?   ???

Re: question, if a lightning strike on my airplane will it charge my battery?

I don't know, but if it does, tell us what happens.  (also I wouldn't stand close to your plane when it happens)

davidk

Thanks Bruce... yup I'll head out to Tim's.  Thanks... Stouffville Rd and Woodbine.

Frank v B

I got there when it first started to spit (3 pm) and the field and driveway were dry. The giant Roto-Tiller was at the driveway to greet me.

It then started to rain lightly and my Dash Ducky went for a swim.

Ken flew his Freewing F-86 leaf blower after a crash last year when the elevator servo failed. I flew my SuperSportster.   Then Frabrice and David showed up.  I gladly took their photos to answer my wife's question at 5 pm......" was anyone else stupid enough to show up?"... Yes dear.  Good Sports.

Frank

BTW- Bruce was kind enough to phone me in the morning to say it was cancelled but I said I would go anyway....just in case.

"Never trade luck for skill"