Wings awards and President's Pizza night, Wednesday, Sept 22 5:00-7:00 pm

Started by Frank v B, September 09, 2021, 06:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

We will have the Wings Awards at the President's Pizza Night at Rogo Field in two weeks time, Wednesday, Sept 22 from 5-7 pm.

This is when we celebrate the suffering hard work of the students who received their solo privileges.  This year's graduating class consists of Jan, Max, Kelvin, Joseph Suskin and Mike Veit.

This is when we thank the instructors who persevered.  These included Philip, Oscar, Michael, Carlos, Graham, Vadim, Athol (Morning Crew), and the newest instructor Joseph whose assignment is teaching his grandfather, William.... and thank those who showed up when they could.  These included Michael, Simon and Peter P.

Then there were the unsung heroes who prepped the student planes... the ground crew.  Many volunteered but the usual suspects were Mark, BJ, Graham and Richard.

Then special thanks to the only 2 people who have read the instruction book on the Spektrum transmitter to sort out buddy boxes and not so SAFE system...Oscar and Richard.

...and a special thanks to Rob Dickinson for donating 4 receivers to replace (bypass) the SAFE Apprentice receivers during training.  The first recipients of Rob's generosity were Ami, Paul Scuse and Ethan.

There will be instruction next week as usual but we are quickly running out of daylight.  Last night it was too dark by 7:30 pm.

Frank

Note: all members are welcome, not just members who participate in training night.

"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Training/President's Pizza night/Wings awards night on Wednesday night, Sept. 22

The weather looks a little scketchy but remember that I am the guy who shows up regardless of the weather forecast.  If Michael has to call the meeting or re-schedule it, I will make sure everyone who shows up this Wednesday will be fed pizza.... no charge.  Then we will be back for food when Michael re-schedules the President's Pizza night.  That's a two-for-one sale.   8)

All members are welcome.

Frank

Michael

Sorry guys, we have to cancel tonight's TEMAC meeting due to weather. We are working on a new date/time.

Michael
Michael

Frank v B

Reporting on the meeting of the Drowned Rats of TEMAC.

Ethan, his father Daniel and Kelvin showed up....probably to see if I were stupid enough to show up.  Question answered. 
Andy did send me a note that the weather forecast showed 100% chance of rain.  They were 100% correct...for the first time this year. ;)

Ethan was sent home with a medium pizza.  At 6:30 the rain stopped.

Frank

ps: check Forum posts for Michael to re-schedule the President's pizza Night.