Nooner Wimps, are you out there?

Started by Papa, April 16, 2014, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Just don't forget your batteries Ed!

sihinch

How are you feeling tonight Ed? Got any Kleenex?

Ededge2002

All good Simon. There was some great flying, some tough losses and some tragedy in the racing today.  Mid airs, in flight failures and landing pylon hits along with tough conditions took out a number of the contenders. It was a tough day for several racers. I still haven't figured out if how or where I contacted Ben in the final. We were battling for position and I took a different line through the corner and there was a sound of contact but I can not locate any damage to my plane. Glenn having the wing hold down fail could have been the high speeds of the down wind run and the bumpy conditions taking out another contender for the final results.  I don't know if I could have caught you @sihinch but I was trying and admit I swerved when I saw Glenn's wing in my path but I doubt I would have had time regardless.

I haven't given up!   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I think you were catching me......

piker

So, in the spirit of this thread... "Nooner Wimps" , I see that Ed is running for the hills!  Parliament Hill that is...

Couldn't take the pressure EH, Ed?

sihinch

Maybe Ed will sell his Nooner? So someone else can join the racing....

Ededge2002

Jack has agreed that despite my absence I would have won or placed second in the remaining races. My points will continue to climb regardless what you girls try to do.  Please spell my name correctly on the trophy. Same as last year.

Ededge2002

I was cleaning out my garage and wondered if the Nooner pylon race series starter had been revamped into working correctly. If not a think I found the perfect starter for the racing as it clearly has "pylon brand hi-tork starter" written on it. 

sihinch

Ededge2002

OK OK enough sand bagging girls. Do I have to come back to beat Simon for you?  Is he jumping the gun launching?  Is his plane really to spec?  Did he cut more corners than i did?  I suspect that something here is awry!  This winning streak has to be stopped.

Oh congratulations Simon. Don't read that other part...

piker

Simon's plane (Nooner) is significantly faster than everyone else's.  During the last two finals, we started side by side then he quickly gained a lap over me and the rest of the group.  My flying during the final yesterday was a bit rough as we had a bumpy cross wind, but during the final before I flew a clean race... as clean as Simon's, but his plane is simply faster.  He must have some special motor in there.

Yes!  It's time to get serious.  Simon is becoming hard to live with!   ;D

sihinch

I'm running a Mega 16/15/3 with a Nano-Tech 3S 1300mAh 45C lipo and 4.7x4.2 APC prop.

I cut the horizontal stab out and made a smaller one, with better alignment to the wing incidence.

All inspections welcome!

:)

piker

We do tend to focus on the power systems, but chances are, your plane may simply be "cleaner" than the rest of ours.

As you said, you got rid of that horrid stab incidence angle that requires elevator correction and hence would cause a lot of drag.  And I know I have a couple of pieces of plywood holding my stab together, AND my wing fit is a bit sloopy, AND I've buried my motor in the dirt a bunch of times.  No wonder my plane is slower than yours.

That's why I'm looking forward to getting a new airframe to race with.  Maybe then I can give you a run for your money   ;D

How about the rest of you?  Are you going to let Simon and his team walk away with the season championship?  It's still early.  Still lots of racing left in the year!

Come on Greg and Ken (my teammates)... Let get him!

Ededge2002

I might come back for a race in "hired gun" status!  Have you guys all updated your esc firmware via the link?  It allows you to get the prop brake to actually work and has a more recent program version that could unlock a little rpm. I did Simon's when I built his original one. Wonder if there is anything there. Or just go to my place with a bottle of wine and my wife would likely give you a Nooner as I've been out of town so much.....

sihinch

How do you update the firmware Ed?