Brilliant Christmas gift- mini table saw/sander/polisher/Dremel tool

Started by Frank v B, December 26, 2023, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Received this from Santa.  He could not break down and buy me a kit but did the next best thing.

This is a no-name mini table saw with sanding disk, flex-shaft Dremel-type tool and sanding/polishing wheel.
It also comes with composite, diamond and carbide replacement blades. Variable speed, 24 volts with power supply.

A balsa builder's dream machine.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bfeist

Did you receive this from your wife as a hint to get rid of all of the full-size tools that perform each of these functions?

Frank v B

Ben,

Don't overthink it.  If my wife wanted to send me a message she would just throw the big tools out and then tell me to "deal with it".  ;)
In this case it was a gift from my daughter who has limited space in her apartment and bought this for herself to take the place of my tools in my shop.
When she prototypes she can use any tool or any material in my shop to get to the finish line.  She uses a lot of epoxy, carbon fibre, sanding tools and fibreglass.
She decided to give one to me for Christmas.

Nicole produces very fast bike racing wheels.  She makes them at home until the limited production runs take over.
Here is a link to an article on her project in Triathlon Magazine Canada.  She has teamed up with Phil White, one of the founders of Cervelo bikes.
https://triathlonmagazine.ca/gear/cervelo-founder-phil-white-and-former-pro-nicole-van-beurden-harness-the-power-of-wind-with-revolutionary-new-wheels/

Mark Satin found the link for the tool on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/Multi-Functional-Electric-Adjustable-Flexible-Accessories/dp/B0CG19T258/ref=sr_1_7?crid=384PPLPL6L8WI&keywords=mini+table+saw&qid=1703710313&sprefix=mini+table+saw%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-7

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bfeist

piker

Hey gang!

Long time no talk.  However, I do check-in to see what's up now and then.

I know all about Frank's daughter's project.  Well, only what the public knows.  Very cool!

Robert